Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Funny story about kittens

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Funny story about kittens Empty
PostSubject: Funny story about kittens   Funny story about kittens Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 6:54 pm

My daughter and I spent hours making the kittens cat beds. We went to JoAnns and bought Fleece (with kitties on it) and then sewed the material and stuffed it- This took forever- my daughter is a slow seamstress... lol- she is 12.

So we brought them home-- and 1 kitten loves them and the other kitten hates it- and the big cat hates it. They won't even lay on it.

You put them on- they jump off.... We spent a lot of time and they just don't appreciate it! I love you lol! My daughter even lays on it and tried to get them there. it's just too funny!
Back to top Go down
shinningstar
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Funny story about kittens   Funny story about kittens Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 8:36 pm

Thanks for sharing.
It sounds that your daughter loves pets like her mom. It's not boring to take care a cheerful kittens.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Funny story about kittens   Funny story about kittens Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 8:56 pm

I have learned that my cats like to "discover" stuff on their own, so when I bring a new catbed I just put it in a corner and walk away. They'll come to investigate, and usually end up getting in. However, if I try to show them the bed by laying them in it, they'll jump out. Smile
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Funny story about kittens   Funny story about kittens Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 9:26 pm

Maybe it is just the pattern on the material. They are picky and like what they like no matter hard you try.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Funny story about kittens   Funny story about kittens Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 12:39 pm

I'm sure it isn't the material - we picked fleece-- because they love our fleece blankets - they are on them all the time.

Every once in a while I will see Fattycat (AKA penaut) on one of them... but when I'm around- he jumps right off...
Back to top Go down
DianaR
I am a
I am a
DianaR

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Funny story about kittens   Funny story about kittens Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 12:44 pm

RustyK wrote:
I have learned that my cats like to "discover" stuff on their own, so when I bring a new catbed I just put it in a corner and walk away. They'll come to investigate, and usually end up getting in. However, if I try to show them the bed by laying them in it, they'll jump out. Smile

I was going to suggest placing a treat, or a catnip bag, in the bed to get them using it more, but hiding items for the kitties to discover sounds even more intresting.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Funny story about kittens   Funny story about kittens Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 12:54 pm

Hiding something in the bed--- now that just might work. Right now both kittens are upstairs in my bed and their beds are down here with me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny story about kittens   Funny story about kittens Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Funny story about kittens
Page 1 of 1