Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Kittens gone :(

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Kittens gone :( Empty
PostSubject: Kittens gone :(   Kittens gone :( Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:56 pm

The three kittens we rescues went to the shelter today. The back yard sure looks empty without them. Sad

Placing the little buddies at the shelter was a good thing to do; winter is coming, I could not possibly take them into the house, and we've got wild animals roaming around. I still miss them though. I hope they are adopted soon.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Kittens gone :(   Kittens gone :( Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:43 am

Kittens go fast Very Happy Most people want kittens not full grown cats.. so have no fear Smile It was the right thing to do.
I bet a lot of people are looking to give kittens as gifts for the holiday season.
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Kittens gone :(   Kittens gone :( Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:40 pm

I understand your feelings. I just placed all my female cats kittens with homes before we had her fixed and now I miss the little fuzzy balls of joy. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
elvenrunelord
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Kittens gone :(   Kittens gone :( Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:26 pm

Many people thing I am wrong in doing this but I keep my kittens till they grow up a little, a few months and then I take them to local farm country and let them out. The farmers like them because they are rodent catchers, and darn good at it too. Safer than poisons as well.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Kittens gone :(   Kittens gone :( Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:15 pm

elvenrunelord wrote:
Many people thing I am wrong in doing this but I keep my kittens till they grow up a little, a few months and then I take them to local farm country and let them out. The farmers like them because they are rodent catchers, and darn good at it too. Safer than poisons as well.

Well, if the farmers like them and will take care of them if something goes wrong, I think it's okay. I probably still would not be able to do it because I have seen many starving and injured strays, so I'd want my kittens to be placed in homes.
Back to top Go down
aclowers
I am a
I am a
aclowers

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Kittens gone :(   Kittens gone :( Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:27 pm

{hugs} I know it is hard letting them go. It is so easy to get attached to the cute funny little darlings. I have a friend who has three outside cats and they all have litters at the same time. They know what the problem is, they just haven't quite gotten around to it yet. So, there is always plenty of kittens around her house. The last litter she gave away all at once. We couldn't believe it. Someone wanted the whole litter. I can't even imagine why. I hope they are o.k. too.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Kittens gone :(   Kittens gone :( Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:00 pm

Maybe the people who took the whole litter have mice! Smile

BTW, I had someone who said they would *love* to take our rescued kittens, but, knowing this person and his history of animal neglect, I did not give them to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kittens gone :(   Kittens gone :( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kittens gone :(
Page 1 of 1