Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Kittens go outside!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Kittens go outside! Empty
PostSubject: Kittens go outside!   Kittens go outside! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 11:34 am

So welet the kittens go outside. Ok so they aren't kittens anymore- Over 6 months old. They have had all their shots and have been fixed.

It's so snowy at our home. They love it- they run and scratch the snow. I follow them around- as I don't want them out to long and I don't want them near the road. We have lost 3 cats to the cars!

I wish there was something we could do to keep them out of the road.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Kittens go outside!   Kittens go outside! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 1:55 pm

It is a good thing that you are out there with them, watching over them. I bet they enjoy the snow! Smile

I don't let my cats outside, and they do not want to go, they are happy indoors. Which makes me happy as well, we don't have a fenced yard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Kittens go outside!   Kittens go outside! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:37 am

I had lost two kittens to road. I would never allow them to stay out of the house unless the reason is valuable. The costs of saving their lives is highly valuable rather than to leave them alone outside of the house.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Kittens go outside!   Kittens go outside! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:17 pm

Cats like to be outside. We live in the country and we own a lot of land. For some reason the cats still go towards the road.

We have an older cat who is a strictly indoors cat. She meows at the door and sometimes she makes a run for it- It takes us up to an hour each time to grab her and get her back in.

It's hard- the decision- I will be mortified if something happens to my cats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Kittens go outside!   Kittens go outside! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:30 pm

All of my cats are indoor cats. Ever since Coco got hit by a car. I still miss that cat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HardworkinMom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Kittens go outside!   Kittens go outside! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 6:00 pm

Everyone knows that the cats are in danger if the owner leaves them outside. But we also need to think of those motorists we are endangering when the said cats (or dogs) cross the path of their vehicles. A lot of people get injured or worse, die, when they swerve to avoid hitting an animal in the road.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Kittens go outside!   Kittens go outside! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:26 am

Tigger wrote:
All of my cats are indoor cats. Ever since Coco got hit by a car. I still miss that cat.

I would rather be safe than sorry, too. My grandma used to have indoor/outdoor cats who were allowed to come and go as they pleased, and they didn't live long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Kittens go outside!   Kittens go outside! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:05 pm

I didn't think of the motorists that wreck because the swerve-- I think of the CRAZY drivers that go too fast on country roads and hit and kill animals.

There are many animals (wild) that motorists should be watching for.

Cats like to be outside-- it's their nature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kittens go outside!   Kittens go outside! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kittens go outside!
Page 1 of 1