Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Hairless cats

Go down 
+6
DianaR
andasay
leighdu
aclowers
Froix
RustyK
10 posters
AuthorMessage
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Hairless cats Empty
PostSubject: Hairless cats   Hairless cats Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 5:20 am

Do you like hairless cats? People tend to either love them or hate them, LOL. Smile

As to me, I don't know... I've never held one or been around one. I can't hate cats, but I kind of feel sorry for the hairless ones, they look miserable.
Back to top Go down
Froix
I am a
I am a
Froix

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Hairless cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hairless cats   Hairless cats Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 3:36 am

These wrinkly ones?

Hairless cats 250px-2_week-old_Female_Sphynx_%28Suki%29

I never had one and don't expect to ever have one. I haven't seen an actual one either. I neither love or hate them.
Back to top Go down
aclowers
I am a
I am a
aclowers

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Hairless cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hairless cats   Hairless cats Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:13 pm

In my humble opinion, they look pitiful. I wouldn't want to have one, myself. Even though we all have allergies in my house, I will put up with taking a few pills everyday, just so I can pet my cats without that eeww feeling. I am sure they are fine for some people, not just me.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Hairless cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hairless cats   Hairless cats Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 6:45 pm

aclowers wrote:
In my humble opinion, they look pitiful. I wouldn't want to have one, myself. Even though we all have allergies in my house, I will put up with taking a few pills everyday, just so I can pet my cats without that eeww feeling. I am sure they are fine for some people, not just me.

These hairless cats are not hypoallergenic (I believe that's the right word for it?). Some people think that since they have no fur, they would not cause allergies flare up, but it is not just fur, it is also the cat's dandruff and saliva, from what I understand.

I hear these poor creatures are very affectionate and cuddly. Smile
Back to top Go down
leighdu
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Hairless cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hairless cats   Hairless cats Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:46 am

I love pretty much all animals, but I don't think I would have one of these little guys. I have heard that their temperament is not the same as other cats, and that they are more prone to illnesses, but I am not sure how true that is. It would be interesting to pet a hairless cat though Smile. I have never seen them in person either.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Hairless cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hairless cats   Hairless cats Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 10:37 pm

I hear that they are very cuddly, they love to be held, probably because they easily get cold, having no fur. I think I would love this kind of a cat if I had one, but it's a shame what people have done to them. They weren't meant to be this way, people have bred them to be hairless for their twisted pleasure.
Back to top Go down
andasay
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Hairless cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hairless cats   Hairless cats Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:50 pm

I do love cats, but I don't actually think I could bring myself to even touch a hairless cat.
Back to top Go down
DianaR
I am a
I am a
DianaR

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Hairless cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hairless cats   Hairless cats Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 12:41 pm

RustyK wrote:
Do you like hairless cats? People tend to either love them or hate them, LOL. Smile

As to me, I don't know... I've never held one or been around one. I can't hate cats, but I kind of feel sorry for the hairless ones, they look miserable.

I like hairless cats but couldn't own one.

It gets very cold in the winter here and I can't see myself crocheting little sweaters and jackets for a hairless!
Back to top Go down
jamesb
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Hairless cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hairless cats   Hairless cats Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:29 pm

Personally I find hairless cats to be very ugly. Some children are allergic to animal hair so this could be an ideal pet for them however.
Back to top Go down
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Hairless cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hairless cats   Hairless cats Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:11 am

I don't think hairless cats are pretty however they seems to be be good too. I guess only a few people like hairless cats and really loves them to keep as pets.
Back to top Go down
antkmom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Hairless cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hairless cats   Hairless cats Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:14 am

I think that they look so funny. I wouldn't ever really want a hairless cat, but I can't say that I hate them.
Back to top Go down
DianaR
I am a
I am a
DianaR

Registration date : 2008-09-09

Hairless cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hairless cats   Hairless cats Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:22 am

If I had one he'd probably have to wear a sweater most of the year, which wouldn't be fair to him.

I wouldn't mind owning one, but I would need to live in a warmer climate before getting him.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Registration date : 2009-01-20

Hairless cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hairless cats   Hairless cats Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:57 pm

I love hairless cats. They're so ugly, they're cute. I would love to have one to hold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hairless cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hairless cats   Hairless cats Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hairless cats
Page 1 of 1