Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Putting Microschips in your pets?

Go down 
+3
sanju123
RustyK
crimson
7 posters
AuthorMessage
crimson
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Putting Microschips in your pets? Empty
PostSubject: Putting Microschips in your pets?   Putting Microschips in your pets? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:00 pm

I have seen some advertisements about it, This chips are use for the identification of your pets if ever they are lost. Please post a comment regarding this.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Putting Microschips in your pets?   Putting Microschips in your pets? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:40 pm

My cat has a chip, it was put in at the animal shelter we had adopted him from. He is an indoor only cat, so chances of him getting lost are small, but it is good to know that he has a chip that can help to trace him back to me.
Back to top Go down
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Putting Microschips in your pets?   Putting Microschips in your pets? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:36 pm

This is something very nice. It is not a big deal, a chip is inserted with all ease, it is just like a shot. It carries all the info, it can help you in case of pet thefts. I also chose to get chip inserted in my dog.
Back to top Go down
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Putting Microschips in your pets?   Putting Microschips in your pets? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:54 am

2 of our dogs are chipped, 2 are not.
We just haven't taken the time to have the other two done, but it is on our list of 'things to do'.
I think it is very important to have them chipped, but you have to remember when you change your address you change it with the company who you got the chip from, or it isn't effective.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
Froix
I am a
I am a
Froix

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Putting Microschips in your pets?   Putting Microschips in your pets? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 6:28 pm

Ah I didn't see this thread before posting this under news...

Quote :
DOWNEY, Calif. - Kobe the terrier is back with his family after a 1,400-mile trip. The small white pooch vanished from his Bellflower home last month and was found by a stranger in Denton, Texas. A microchip implanted in his neck contained his owner's information.

It proves this thing's effective. Tags can get lost easily.
Back to top Go down
kayawss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Putting Microschips in your pets?   Putting Microschips in your pets? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:22 pm

I don't know about getting my pets chipped, I heard it can cause health problems.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Putting Microschips in your pets?   Putting Microschips in your pets? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:38 am

kayawss wrote:
I don't know about getting my pets chipped, I heard it can cause health problems.

I have not heard of this. My cat is healthy, and all the animals at the shelter we got him from are microchipped as well, no health problems either caused by the chip.
Back to top Go down
dreamr802
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Putting Microschips in your pets?   Putting Microschips in your pets? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:34 pm

I think the chips are GREAT ideas. Especially for dogs who can get out and run. I haven't heard about it causing health problems for the dog. But I do think that this technology is amazing and it will help reunite families with their lost pets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Putting Microschips in your pets?   Putting Microschips in your pets? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Putting Microschips in your pets?
Page 1 of 1