Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Crows as pets

Go down 
+6
jamesb
manojjonam10
Florentin
lilymom24
Topdog
RustyK
10 posters
AuthorMessage
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Crows as pets Empty
PostSubject: Crows as pets   Crows as pets Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Has anyone ever had a crow as a pet? I have read that they are very smart, they can learn to do different tricks, and they imitate sounds very well, too. Some of them can even learn to say words, like parrots. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Crows as pets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crows as pets   Crows as pets Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 4:22 pm

I think that would be a huge challenge !

I have them in the fall in our back yard and they are smart ! But they are also very loud - I wonder if you can teach them to talk with an indoor voice lol

I wonder if anyone has ever tried that ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
lilymom24
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Crows as pets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crows as pets   Crows as pets Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 3:55 pm

When I was younger, there was a crow that used to come to visit our classroom window on and off. Our art teacher used to give him little shiny trinkets so it was kind of like a routine with hime. She called him "Charlie" Smile
Back to top Go down
Florentin
I am a
I am a
Florentin

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Crows as pets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crows as pets   Crows as pets Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 2:35 am

one thing is for sure... this is the only pet that is going to outlive you for sure!
I read somewhere that crows live 200-300 years.

Is that true?
Back to top Go down
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Crows as pets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crows as pets   Crows as pets Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:41 am

I never knew that crow can be used as pet bird. All I knew is that they are smart and freedom loving birds. I guess most people don't like having crow as their pet.
Back to top Go down
jamesb
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Crows as pets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crows as pets   Crows as pets Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 3:50 am

Its the first time that I have heard of anyone wanting a crow as a pet. They are really not my favorite type of bird.
Back to top Go down
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Crows as pets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crows as pets   Crows as pets Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:44 am

Well crows are rarely kept as pets or tamed, well pets are supposed to be cute, lovable and sweet, but crow is no way close to being sweat or cute and no way lovable.People have different likings but I can't have the thought of having a crow as pet.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Crows as pets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crows as pets   Crows as pets Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:04 pm

I absolutely adore crows. Whenever they start to caw, they sound like they're laughing.
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Crows as pets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crows as pets   Crows as pets Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:15 pm

I have not heard of anyone having one as a pet. I, personally, would not have one just because they are not what I would think of as a domesticated animal (not that they can't be) and I can't see them being happy being caged and not have full freedom.
Back to top Go down
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Crows as pets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crows as pets   Crows as pets Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:43 pm

I don't think I would ever consider a crow for a pet. They're very smart and seem to be very agressive too. I would also think that you would have to let them out of the cage to fly around a little. I doubt if a crow would be good for me. I can't deal with a little bird let alone a big one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crows as pets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crows as pets   Crows as pets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crows as pets
Page 1 of 1