Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Do your pets like their collars?

Go down 
+8
jamesb
Orrymain
Brandbla8
jimmys devoted
andasay
KrisNY
Froix
RustyK
12 posters
AuthorMessage
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Do your pets like their collars? Empty
PostSubject: Do your pets like their collars?   Do your pets like their collars? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 5:18 pm

My cats currently do not wear a collar because they are indoor-only. In the past, we've had collars for cats, and they didn't care much for them; usually they'd try to get it off at first and then learn to tolerate it. Dogs are a different story though! I have noticed that some of them view wearing a collar as cool and prestigious, it's a matter of status for them. Smile Do your pets like or dislike their collars?
Back to top Go down
Froix
I am a
I am a
Froix

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Do your pets like their collars?   Do your pets like their collars? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 3:47 am

I'm not sure our dog likes it but he seems indifferent to it so I guess he just doesn't mind it. A leash on the other hand he does not like.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Do your pets like their collars?   Do your pets like their collars? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 12:45 pm

My adult cat hates it- She is an indoor only cat- I took her outside on a collar and leash and I thought she would have a heart attack. She kept trying to get it off- she actually got her paw caught in it.

My dog wears one everyday (invisible fencing) and has no problems.

We are getting collars for the kittens for Christmas-- ones with a bell on it. I hope they like them!
Back to top Go down
andasay
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Do your pets like their collars?   Do your pets like their collars? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:41 pm

The dog does not mind having a collar at all, but the cat hates wearing one. I once got her a beautiful red collar with a little bell on it. It was only on for about half an hour before she had managed to scratch it off.
Back to top Go down
jimmys devoted
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: EVIL, Evil it is just pure evil aaaaccckkk   Do your pets like their collars? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:39 pm

Now we have 8 babies. Only the basset likes his collar. He knows when he see us get the collar and lead he is going for a car ride. The others however are a very very different story.
You would think you were pouring acid on them!

julie
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Do your pets like their collars?   Do your pets like their collars? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 2:27 pm

Our animals have collars on with their shot record on it. In my state, you have to show that they have that. Boots did not like it at first, but she has gotten used to it now.
Back to top Go down
Orrymain
I am a
I am a
Orrymain

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Do your pets like their collars?   Do your pets like their collars? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:27 am

All of my dogs have always loved their collars and are very possessive of them. If I take them off to put on new tags are something, they are just furious. They stand there, demanding to have it returned. Sometimes, when I'd go swimming and the dogs would, too, I'd take off their collars. I can't tell you how eagerly they ran over when I called out 'time to put your collar back on'. It becomes part of them, and I guess they fell funny when the collars are removed.
Back to top Go down
jamesb
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Do your pets like their collars?   Do your pets like their collars? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:28 am

Our miniature schnauzer actually lover her collar. When we take if off then she seems to get upset until we put the collar back onto her neck.
Back to top Go down
antkmom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Do your pets like their collars?   Do your pets like their collars? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 7:18 pm

My dog doesn't seem to mind his collar. She will even let us tie a handkerchief around her neck and she doens't bother with that either.
Back to top Go down
SpoiledAngel_
I am a
I am a
SpoiledAngel_

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Do your pets like their collars?   Do your pets like their collars? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 7:55 pm

My dogs do not seem to mind their collars but my cat always finds a way to tear it off. I don't know why that is but I have bought my cat 4 collars and found one still closed in the bedroom and have never found the other 3.
Back to top Go down
Jen_13_13

Jen_13_13

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: My cat's insane!   Do your pets like their collars? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 2:02 am

Sydney Cat LOVES her collar. She's such a weirdo. She's an indoor cat so there's really no need for her to wear one, but when my hubby was at Petsmart, he ran across a collar with a blinking light that said Princess on it. Since that's become her nickname, I guess it made sense to get it for her.

Anyway, he walked into the room, told her he bought her a very special princess necklace and then put it on her. She really enjoyed wearing it. I mean, I've seen her smile, but never beam like that. I'll have to see if I can find a picture of her with it so y'all can see...
Back to top Go down
http://darkpassenger.today.com
alcher_27
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Do your pets like their collars?   Do your pets like their collars? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:02 am

The dozen dogs I have had their collars when they were still puppies. Not a single one resented. They had the same attitude with the chain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do your pets like their collars?   Do your pets like their collars? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do your pets like their collars?
Page 1 of 1