Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Pets who outlive their owners

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Pets who outlive their owners Empty
PostSubject: Pets who outlive their owners   Pets who outlive their owners Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 1:46 am

I have heard about several cases of an elderly pet owner dying and the poor pet ending up at a shelter - at best. I don't understand how family members would allow this. Sometimes there is no family, I understand that. But if it was your grandma, or aunt, and you know this pet was dear to her, wouldn't you want to take it??
Back to top Go down
dreamr802
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Pets who outlive their owners   Pets who outlive their owners Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:46 am

I would most definitely take care of the pet...unless it was a snake...LOL. But yeah I wouldn't just give that animal to a shelter, I would try to either take it or have a different family member take care of the pet. I think that's wrong just to bring them to a shelter.
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Pets who outlive their owners   Pets who outlive their owners Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 12:35 pm

I would have no problem taking in a pet under those circumstances. My family I am sure would take in mine if need be.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Pets who outlive their owners   Pets who outlive their owners Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 2:33 am

I am glad to see that you guys think the way I do. I would take the poor pet, at least temporarily until I can find them a good home. With their owner gone, they suffer enough already and they'd need time to recover. Placing them to a shelter doubles the stress.
Back to top Go down
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Pets who outlive their owners   Pets who outlive their owners Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 11:44 am

I would take the pet in too. The pet would be grieving also and would need lots of love. It's really something how a pet, especially a dog, knows when a person they love is no longer around.
Back to top Go down
wildwoman
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Pets who outlive their owners   Pets who outlive their owners Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 7:15 pm

When my mother died my sister took one of the two dogs my parents had. Two years later when my dad passed away I took his poodle/dachshund dog. I could stand to see him go to a shelter and no one else in the family really wanted him since he had seizures. But I love him and I am glad I took him in. My daughter has epilepsy and he seems to sense when they are coming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pets who outlive their owners   Pets who outlive their owners Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pets who outlive their owners
Page 1 of 1