Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Big or Small Breeds

Go down 
+5
jimmys devoted
leighdu
RustyK
Froix
dreamr802
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dreamr802
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Big or Small Breeds Empty
PostSubject: Big or Small Breeds   Big or Small Breeds Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:56 pm

Which do you prefer? I personally prefer the smaller breeds like miniature schnuazers. I really don't want a dog that weighs more than 20 pounds. I really want a lap dog. I also don't like getting tackled by big dogs (I'm only 5' :-) )
Back to top Go down
Froix
I am a
I am a
Froix

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Big or Small Breeds   Big or Small Breeds Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:04 am

I'm like Goldilocks, I don't like them big, I don't like them small, I want them just right. I also prefer them with thick fur but not so thick.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Big or Small Breeds   Big or Small Breeds Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 3:50 pm

I am torn apart between the two! There is something magnificent about large breeds like Great Dane, and yet the small ones like Pugs or Chihuahuas are sooo cute! Smile
Back to top Go down
leighdu
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Big or Small Breeds   Big or Small Breeds Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 10:08 am

I prefer big dogs like labs because I love to jog a lot and they keep up with me very well, sometimes even better. I also love the water and they love it just as much as I do. But, I also love pugs too. I had one through out college and he was just the funnest cutest little guy ever. The smaller pets seem to pack a bigger personality. Maybe they are making up for lack of size Smile. So I guess my answer would be that I like them both, as they both have their own unique advantages.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Big or Small Breeds   Big or Small Breeds Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 10:46 pm

Wouldn't it be cool to get a Great Dane and a Pug and have the best of both worlds?? Very Happy

I don't think we'll be getting a dog though. Keeping one indoors is a bit too much work, besides we've got cats, so there might be adjustment and getting along problems. And having a dog outside defeats the purpose, in my opinion: why would I keep a dog and not have it around?
Back to top Go down
jimmys devoted
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: BIG   Big or Small Breeds Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:53 pm

I love BIG babies. BIG means lots of cuddle, Gentle Giants. Our Currs are high strung. But the big basset is so laid back! Even though they are big and they like cuddle they are not laid back.

julie
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Big or Small Breeds   Big or Small Breeds Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 2:22 pm

I like them all, small or large. I have to say my favorite is the small breed though for inside the house.
Back to top Go down
Orrymain
I am a
I am a
Orrymain

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Big or Small Breeds   Big or Small Breeds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:30 am

I love them all. I've had beagles who are just a hoot to hold and play with, and medium dogs like my black lab and a couple of my mixes, and larger dogs, like my shepherd-collie and golden retriever. Oh, I used to laugh. At one point, I had a beagle, a chow/lab/retriever mix, and a golden retriever. They would sit in order, and I'd call them my stepping stairs dogs. It was so funny to see the three sizes. To me, big or small, doesn't matter -- I love them!
Back to top Go down
jamesb
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Big or Small Breeds   Big or Small Breeds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:27 am

I used to have a Boxer but currently we have a lovely miniature schnauzer at home. The reason why I chose for a small dog is that we have moved to a house with a small garden. If you have a big breed dog then you should have plenty of space.
Back to top Go down
antkmom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Big or Small Breeds   Big or Small Breeds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:12 pm

We have a little dog right now, but growing up I always had large dogs. I love all kinds of dogs so it is a toss up for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big or Small Breeds   Big or Small Breeds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big or Small Breeds
Page 1 of 1