Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Animal Cruelty

Go down 
+8
Topdog
LissyS
ken7700
Simplyme
SpoiledAngel
mandiees
shruti
RastaKid
12 posters
AuthorMessage
RastaKid
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Animal Cruelty Empty
PostSubject: Animal Cruelty   Animal Cruelty Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 10:08 am

I hate people that are cruel with animals.I think that you shouldn't be cruel to animals because they are not people.They don't really think,therefor they don't take know either is bad or good,unless you train them.Any bad experiences?please share.
Back to top Go down
shruti
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Animal Cruelty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Cruelty   Animal Cruelty Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:37 pm

I also agree with you.Some people really treat animal very badly.My aunt hates animal whenever my pet goes near her she run toward it with a stick.
Back to top Go down
mandiees
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Animal Cruelty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Cruelty   Animal Cruelty Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 4:41 pm

People that are cruel to animals are usually people with a lot larger issues... Many serial killers and mass murderers were the kind of people that killed and tortured animals. Just sick. I am so glad that the media is making an example out of Mike Vick to show everyone how disgusting this behaviour is.
Back to top Go down
SpoiledAngel
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Animal Cruelty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Cruelty   Animal Cruelty Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:30 am

I completely agree with you on the animal cruelty comment,
however I disagree with you on the animals can not think comment.
When they are hungry, they find their food bowl, when thirsty
they find their water bowl, when they have to potty, they come tell you,
or go through the doggie door if one is provided. When they are cold, they
find a blankie or towel to get under. All of these examples prove animals
do think.
Back to the animal cruelty. I live in a apartment complex. A neighbor/friend
and I know these soon to be ex neighbors abuse their kitten. Well my neighbor
now has custody of this kitten. The neighbors that DID have it would throw it
against the wall, or throw it down a flight of stairs, or just throw it up in
the air and watch it hit the floor on its side. They never hid the fact of this
abuse, in fact they have came and "bragged" to other neighbors of this behavior.
The kitten was tossed out their door, or ran away (which I would have too).
Anyways long story short, my neighbor has had the kitten for like 2 or 3 weeks ..
in this whole time, the kitten has had bloody stools more often than not, but
it was still eating, drinking, playing, and acting like a "normal" kitten, well
in the last 3 or 4 days it has went from that to not eating, not drinking, and
not moving practically at all. My neighbor has since then, gave it deworming medicine,
thinking that is what is causing the bloody stools. Since giving the deworming meds,
it has perked up alil . Still isn't back to playing yet, but we are hoping she will
be soon. We also think she may either be brain damaged or have some spinal problem.
She can not jump up on a couch, and she walks funny. Her front quarters seem to be
working ok, it is the hind quarters that we are concerned about. Will keep you posted.
WE both would LOVE to procecute these people for animal cruelty.however we
would have to have hardcore physical evidence, which we can not provide.
It angers and confuses me that people will abuse animals. They are like Human babies,
They are born into this world helpless, defenseless, and dependent on someone to
properly care for them, and teach them right for wrong.
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Animal Cruelty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Cruelty   Animal Cruelty Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 1:23 am

That is so true they are but innocents in this world for the most part and to abuse them is just unthinkable there is no logic to it at all. It truly is a heartbreaking situation.
Back to top Go down
ken7700
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Animal Cruelty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Cruelty   Animal Cruelty Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:05 am

For me being cruel to animal is unexcusable in my book. Animals are no dfferent than anything else and should be treated with respect and dignity.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Animal Cruelty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Cruelty   Animal Cruelty Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 3:17 pm

Animal cruelty breaks my heart, sometimes I can't get over it for days when I hear of some outrageous case. As someone has said, when it comes to feeling pain, hunger, or thirst, animals are no different from human children.
Back to top Go down
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Animal Cruelty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Cruelty   Animal Cruelty Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:06 pm

SpoiledAngel wrote:
I
Anyways long story short, my neighbor has had the kitten for like 2 or 3 weeks ..
in this whole time, the kitten has had bloody stools more often than not, but
it was still eating, drinking, playing, and acting like a "normal" kitten, well
in the last 3 or 4 days it has went from that to not eating, not drinking, and
not moving practically at all. My neighbor has since then, gave it deworming medicine,
thinking that is what is causing the bloody stools. Since giving the deworming meds,
it has perked up alil . Still isn't back to playing yet, but we are hoping she will
be soon. We also think she may either be brain damaged or have some spinal problem.
She can not jump up on a couch, and she walks funny. Her front quarters seem to be
working ok, it is the hind quarters that we are concerned about. Will keep you posted.
WE both would LOVE to procecute these people for animal cruelty.however we
would have to have hardcore physical evidence, which we can not provide.
It angers and confuses me that people will abuse animals. They are like Human babies,
They are born into this world helpless, defenseless, and dependent on someone to
properly care for them, and teach them right for wrong.

Sounds like the kittie needs to visit the vet, could have some internal damages. If she is walking bad, it sounds like a spinal cord damage problem. Is she pottying alright ?

I do not have patence for abusers whether human or animal. Have you turned the neighbors into the authorities ? I certain would. Let them experience the same treatment !!

Please do keep us posted !!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Animal Cruelty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Cruelty   Animal Cruelty Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 10:43 am

I hate it also when owners are mean to their animals.
What bothers me the most is the people that get dogs and tie them up outside- and that is it- They take them food- but they stay tied up- what is the sense of having a pet.
Back to top Go down
crimson
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Animal Cruelty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Cruelty   Animal Cruelty Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:20 pm

Cruelty to animal should not be tolerated. Animals are also God's gift to men. We should care and love them. Animals are no different to human beings. We must treat them not like animals but as a friend.
Back to top Go down
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91

Animal Cruelty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Cruelty   Animal Cruelty Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:59 pm

There are so many cases of animal cruelty, but thanks to the organizations who fight for these animals. The media also plays a very crucial role. These poor souls are little more secure now.There was a drive against stray dogs and the catchers were too harsh in their handling while catching the dogs, this episode was taken good care of by an NGO, they culprits were adequately punished.
Back to top Go down
lizd
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 35

Animal Cruelty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Cruelty   Animal Cruelty Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 2:45 pm

I don't understand why some people get pets just to treat them bad. I like the shelters that make people have home visits and references before they can adopt. If you're not going to treat an animal right, you shouldn't get one.

Unfortunately, although the laws have come along a bit, I don't feel that animals are as protected as they should be. At least twice a week I see a story on animal cruelty in our city where the person barely gets a slap on the wrist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Animal Cruelty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Cruelty   Animal Cruelty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animal Cruelty
Page 1 of 1