Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Dressing up your animal

Go down 
+9
jamesb
RustyK
DianaR
sanju123
hoygirl
ken7700
wildwoman
KrisNY
antkmom
13 posters
AuthorMessage
antkmom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Dressing up your animal Empty
PostSubject: Dressing up your animal   Dressing up your animal Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:37 am

Do you dress up your animal in outfits? Or get him a costume for Halloween?
What do you think when you see an animal dressed up?

I use to have a sweater to put on my dog when she was a puppy. She would come to my boys football games so we dressed her in the team colors.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Dressing up your animal   Dressing up your animal Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 12:21 pm

Nope I don't dress any of my pets up. We have a boxer and I think she would just look silly. The kittens wouldn't allow us to dress them up- heck I can't even get their collars on them without a fight!

Honestly I think it looks silly when I see dogs dressed up- but to each their own right.
Back to top Go down
wildwoman
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Dressing up your animal   Dressing up your animal Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 1:55 pm

To be honest this used to be a huge PET peeve of mine,excuse the pun. But I understand a bit better about why people do it. My step daughter however(she is 17) drives me crazy with what she buys to put on her dog. I mean I wonder if the pets ever think about ways to get back at us for stuff like that,lol. I agree some are so cute but I just can't do that,not because of the cost but because i know some of those outfits,not even I would be caught dead in.
Back to top Go down
ken7700
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Dressing up your animal   Dressing up your animal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 8:37 am

I do not dress my dogs up as it is tough. I have German Shepherds and they are not real receptive to that idea. I have seen some great outfits though on smaller dogs.
Back to top Go down
antkmom
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Dressing up your animal   Dressing up your animal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:52 am

I have seen some cute outfits on dogs too, but mine wouldn't stand it! When she was a put we would just put the sweater on her ~ mostly to keep her warm. Once she got a little bigger we got over it.
Back to top Go down
hoygirl
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Dressing up your animal   Dressing up your animal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:14 pm

I think the oufits are so cute. I have two large dogs and the only thing I will put on them is sweat shirts when it`s cold outside. I would buy them those jackets but my hubby would have a fit hehehehe.
Back to top Go down
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Dressing up your animal   Dressing up your animal Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:52 pm

I don't dress my dog in a crazy manner, because it doesn't relish that much. I do have few jackets for it to be worn during chilly period.
Back to top Go down
DianaR
I am a
I am a
DianaR

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Dressing up your animal   Dressing up your animal Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 1:21 pm

I had a little neighbor friend...well she was all of 5 years old but loved to talk to me, anyway, she had a kitten that she dressed up all of the time.

The poor feline always had that "help me, this is humiliating" look on his little face!

lol!
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Dressing up your animal   Dressing up your animal Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 5:42 pm

LOL Diana! Very Happy Yes, cats don't appreciate being dressed up at all. Poor kitten. Smile

I had once found a doggie sweater among things my sister-in-law had left behind, it was small, and I put it on my cat. Strangely, he didn't mind!
Back to top Go down
jamesb
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: Dressing up your animal   Dressing up your animal Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 8:51 am

I see plenty of dogs in our neighborhood and somehow I don't think that it is fair on these dogs. They really don't look very comfortable.
Back to top Go down
antkmom
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Dressing up your animal   Dressing up your animal Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 6:44 pm

I think alot of owners do put sweaters on their dogs because they want them to be warm when out in the cold weather. They don't consider that most of the dogs don't like wearing them.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: Dressing up your animal   Dressing up your animal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:27 pm

You are right ANTKmom.... I think a lot of it has to do with warmth- I know when my parents had my brothers dog (he was in Iraq)- they put a sweater on him before taking him outside in the winter. They were both in an accident (my parents) and I took care of the dog for a bit- Man I had a heck of a time with the sweater!
Back to top Go down
Ricardo
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Dressing up your animal   Dressing up your animal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:40 pm

We used to have a seal point Siamese cat. I made a black bow tie for him, and he'd wear it sometimes.

Only if it was a formal situation, of course. Smile
Back to top Go down
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: Dressing up your animal   Dressing up your animal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:41 pm

No, I don't dress up my dog. I think it's silly to do that plus I think the clothes might make the dog uncomfortable. You also can't see all of the animal's body and their body language is essential to see especially when they are outside with other animals.
Back to top Go down
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Dressing up your animal   Dressing up your animal Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 7:09 am

My dog doesn't feel comfortable if dressed. Further it will bark consistently for hours if it was being dressed.
Back to top Go down
antkmom
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Dressing up your animal   Dressing up your animal Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:33 am

skatss wrote:
No, I don't dress up my dog. I think it's silly to do that plus I think the clothes might make the dog uncomfortable. You also can't see all of the animal's body and their body language is essential to see especially when they are outside with other animals.

You make a great point about the clothing covering up the animals body language. I would have never even thought about that. When we take our dog out for a walk, we always run into the neighbors and their animals and we definitely have to read our dogs body language.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Dressing up your animal   Dressing up your animal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 4:02 pm

I have not, nor will I, ever dressed up an animal. It always makes me think of what I used to say in high school, "I'm used to being humiliated, but not in front of a crowd that size."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dressing up your animal   Dressing up your animal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dressing up your animal
Page 1 of 1