Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Keepin Tinsel Away From Animals

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ken7700
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Keepin Tinsel Away From Animals Empty
PostSubject: Keepin Tinsel Away From Animals   Keepin Tinsel Away From Animals Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 1:10 pm

I use to put tinsel on my Christmas trees, but the cats and dogs would try to eat it and it made them sick. Anyone else have this problem?
Back to top Go down
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Keepin Tinsel Away From Animals   Keepin Tinsel Away From Animals Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm

My friend's dog ate some tinsel a few years back and became very sick. My friend took the dog to the vet because it had trouble breathing. You really have to be very watchful of your pets when you have little ornaments and tinsel around during the holidays.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Keepin Tinsel Away From Animals   Keepin Tinsel Away From Animals Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:01 pm

We stopped putting tinsel on when the cats thought it would be fun to climb the tree. Tinsel can make them very sick. We use garland and beads now. I'm just not taking that chance. They seem to like to pick things up from the floor with their mouths. Tinsel and all!
Back to top Go down
melodious
I am a
I am a
melodious

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Keepin Tinsel Away From Animals   Keepin Tinsel Away From Animals Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:40 pm

Yes, tinsel could make them very sick. I happen to have a cat who would be the first to eat tinsel if given the opportunity (he likes to lick plastic and chew on ribbon), so we're very careful to keep potentially dangerous and tempting items away from him.

On the lighter side, a former student once gave me a Christmas card featuring a cat, a Christmas tree, and tinsel. The cartoon showed the cat discovering the tree, investigating the tinsel, sampling it, and then farting with multiple strands of tinsel streaming in the breeze behind the comically disturbed kitty. The card stayed on my refrigerator for a couple of years! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.artistic-lemonade.com
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Keepin Tinsel Away From Animals   Keepin Tinsel Away From Animals Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:45 am

It is possible for the tinsel to become entwined in the dogs intestines, requiring surgery to remove it. Hence it is very much necessary to keep the tinsel away from the reach of pets. I would use tinsel only when I can supervise them and keep them away from pets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keepin Tinsel Away From Animals   Keepin Tinsel Away From Animals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keepin Tinsel Away From Animals
Page 1 of 1