Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Litter training- easier than I thought

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Litter training- easier than I thought Empty
PostSubject: Litter training- easier than I thought   Litter training- easier than I thought Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 5:57 pm

Very Happy Last night I put a small version of the litter box out for the kittens- I put them each in there.

At first they tried to eat the litter.

By then end of the night each kitten had gone in the litter box.

It was really cute- they would get in there and then Tabby- mom- would lick their heads! Very Happy

I really thought this would be harder to teach them.

The only problem is I'm constantly cleaning the floor- they have not mastered wiping their feet yet! Smile
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Litter training- easier than I thought   Litter training- easier than I thought Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 2:41 am

It is amazing isn't it how quickly they learn and how naturally it can come to them when they are little. Not quite so easy if you start them off when they are older that is for sure.
Back to top Go down
elvenrunelord
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Litter training- easier than I thought   Litter training- easier than I thought Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:23 pm

Cats either get it or they don't. Most cats get it rather quickly as they tend to be clean animals generally speaking. Fluffy acted like he knew what it was for the very first time.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: Litter training- easier than I thought   Litter training- easier than I thought Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 6:09 pm

Yes I have to say that these kittens were much easier than our full grown cat we got at the humane society.

I think just watching their mom they picked it up!
Back to top Go down
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: Litter training- easier than I thought   Litter training- easier than I thought Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 6:39 pm

I don't have a cat but my friend has one and she told me that she had no problems at all training hers. She said it was if the cat wanted to know where to do her business and seemed really happy to have a set place. But cats are supposed to be very smart.
Back to top Go down
ken7700
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Litter training- easier than I thought   Litter training- easier than I thought Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:59 am

I was amazed as well at how kittens reall do take to litter training Much faster than trying to housebreak a puppie that is for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Litter training- easier than I thought   Litter training- easier than I thought Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Litter training- easier than I thought
Page 1 of 1