Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Where do you keep your litter box?

Go down 
+2
Froix
aclowers
6 posters
AuthorMessage
aclowers
I am a
I am a
aclowers

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Where do you keep your litter box? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you keep your litter box?   Where do you keep your litter box? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 8:03 am

I am having difficulties deciding where to keep my litter pan. Right now it is in one of the bathrooms on the floor. I have seen other homes where the keep the litter pan in the bathtub. But, I would think that option wouldn't be very sanitary for the pet's humans. I have seen others keep it in the kitchen or the laundry room. But, if you are limited on space it can be a dilemma. Where do you keep yours?
Back to top Go down
Froix
I am a
I am a
Froix

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep your litter box?   Where do you keep your litter box? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 8:20 am

The bathroom seems logical but then you'll have to keep the bathroom open. I've heard of owners placing them inside the bowl to train them into using the toilet. I never tried it.
Back to top Go down
aclowers
I am a
I am a
aclowers

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep your litter box?   Where do you keep your litter box? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 8:27 am

Well, that does sound intriguing. Has anyone here used this option? I would be concerned the litter would hurt the septic system. I wonder if you use this option if you would drain the water from the bowl before you put the litter pan in. I would also be worried that the cats might jump in a bowl with water in it.
Back to top Go down
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep your litter box?   Where do you keep your litter box? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:19 am

Way back when when we did have cats, we kept it in the laundry room.
I know that there are training programs you can get to teach your cat to use the toilet and flush.
A unique concept I think ! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep your litter box?   Where do you keep your litter box? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:37 am

In the tub? Sure- I'll pass on that one. I wouldn't want to keep cleaning out the litter after the kept using it. My cats get litter outside of the box.
I have 2- both are in the basement- Out of sight- I clean them daily and the cats don't mind going to the basement to go. The door is always open.
Back to top Go down
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep your litter box?   Where do you keep your litter box? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:08 am

What about putting a mat underneath it to catch the litter ? I remember that being a true mess when we had cats. Or one box inside another one...
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep your litter box?   Where do you keep your litter box? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 12:18 pm

My friend keeps her kitty litter box in one of her closets. I never thought this was a great place for it but it works well with her and her cat. If I had a cat the litter would go in the bathroom.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep your litter box?   Where do you keep your litter box? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 3:27 pm

Right now we keep our cats' litterbox in the bathroom, but I have been thinking about moving it to the laundry room. The laundry room is small, so I don't know how the cats will like it. I suppose it will take time for them to get used to the transition.
Back to top Go down
aclowers
I am a
I am a
aclowers

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep your litter box?   Where do you keep your litter box? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 1:04 pm

These are some great suggestions. I would be concerned about putting it in the closet with clothes, encase the odor permeated the clothes. But, if I had an extra closet, that would be purrfect. Wink

I have thought about putting the litter box inside a bigger one, but I am concerned they won't like having to jump over two boxes coming in and out. I'm also concerned they won't like the feel of a mat under their delicate paws either.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep your litter box?   Where do you keep your litter box? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:34 pm

We moved the litterbox from the bathroom to the laundry room yesterday. The cats are using it just fine in the new place, no displeasure, no accidents. Smile

They tend to get litter outside the box, too. I am thinking about buying a covered litterbox for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep your litter box?   Where do you keep your litter box? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do you keep your litter box?
Page 1 of 1