Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

knocking litter out of the box

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

knocking litter out of the box Empty
PostSubject: knocking litter out of the box   knocking litter out of the box Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 4:39 pm

Why do my kittens keep doing this? They think they have to climb on the outside of the litter box. When one is going the other one runs over to the litter box and climbs on it- They keep getting litter all over the floor.

ANy ideas on how to stop it?
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: knocking litter out of the box   knocking litter out of the box Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 6:23 pm

Kittens often play with cat litter, they are curious little creatures, and everything is a toy to them. Smile I would suggest getting a covered litterbox, one that looks like a little doghouse. The kitty goes inside to do its business, and it is harder to get cat litter out of it.
Back to top Go down
ken7700
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: knocking litter out of the box   knocking litter out of the box Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:06 am

My kitten use to make a real mess of the litter everywhere. As he got older he stopped it. Maybe a faze their going through at least you can hope.
Back to top Go down
aclowers
I am a
I am a
aclowers

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: knocking litter out of the box   knocking litter out of the box Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:42 pm

This drives me nuts. I have to sweep up the litter every day. I have noticed that our youngest cat who was born this past Easter is the culprit. She somehow jumps out of the box with the litter on her paws and shakes them off as she leaves the room. I tried the boxes with the lids when the older two were smaller. But, Tiger is so big he won't fit in one anymore.
Back to top Go down
Froix
I am a
I am a
Froix

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: knocking litter out of the box   knocking litter out of the box Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:00 pm

You're kittens should grow out of this behaviour but you may want to shop around for litter boxes that are designed for this kind of problem. Some even have covers but the problem is getting your cat to use them.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: knocking litter out of the box   knocking litter out of the box Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:44 pm

I saw rather large covered litterboxes sold at a pet store that even my 20-pounder would fit into. I am considering getting one. My cats do not intentionally make a mess, but sometimes some catlitter still gets out of the box.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: knocking litter out of the box   knocking litter out of the box Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 12:06 pm

I have a covered litterbox- I think I'll put the cover on- I just didn't want them afraid to go in. The older cat always makes sure her feet are clean and then gets out- The kittens play in theirs. and never wipe their feet. LOL- so they always get litter everywhere!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: knocking litter out of the box   knocking litter out of the box Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

knocking litter out of the box
Page 1 of 1