Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Favorite T.V. Shows

Go down 
+12
jessje
bubble
skatss
wildwoman
Topdog
dreamr802
kayawss
WaffleStomp
Brandbla8
Orrymain
Froix
aclowers
16 posters
AuthorMessage
aclowers
I am a
I am a
aclowers

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Favorite T.V. Shows Empty
PostSubject: Favorite T.V. Shows   Favorite T.V. Shows Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:54 pm

What are some of your favorite current and past t.v. shows? Tell us why if possible. Personally we like to watch reruns of Touch by An Angel (the constant message of hope, no matter the situation), Doc ( Doc Cassidy was so cute and I like the characters and plot), Mysterious Ways (An air of mystery that was usually solved) and Sue Thomas FBI (the courageous show about a deaf girl who overcame her disability and was able to do one of the most dangerous jobs in the world with her trusty and beautiful Golden Retriever assistant. What about you, care to share?
Back to top Go down
Froix
I am a
I am a
Froix

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite T.V. Shows   Favorite T.V. Shows Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 6:42 pm

Right now I only watch House M.D. Sometimes I watch Spongebob Squarepants with my nephews. I've cut back on TV and spending more time online.
Back to top Go down
Orrymain
I am a
I am a
Orrymain

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Favorite T.V. Shows   Favorite T.V. Shows Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:39 pm

I watch Stargate SG-1, the early seasons primarily, because I love the concept of exploration, and I adore both Richard Dean Anderson and Michael Shanks.

I watch some reality TV because it's still better than half of the scripted junk out there.

I love to watch The Andy Griffith Show -- that's what comedy should be!
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Favorite T.V. Shows   Favorite T.V. Shows Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:23 pm

I love to watch Gohst Hunters on the Sci-Fi station, but anything that has to do with the super natural will do.
Back to top Go down
WaffleStomp
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Favorite T.V. Shows   Favorite T.V. Shows Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 12:58 am

My favorite TV shows are by far 24 and Family Guy.

I cannot wait to see 24: Redemption in November, and Season 7 in January.
Back to top Go down
aclowers
I am a
I am a
aclowers

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Favorite T.V. Shows   Favorite T.V. Shows Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 8:19 pm

Orrymain wrote:
I watch Stargate SG-1, the early seasons primarily, because I love the concept of exploration, and I adore both Richard Dean Anderson and Michael Shanks.

I love to watch The Andy Griffith Show -- that's what comedy should be!

I like the way you think. Michael Shanks has definitely changed over the years, I have also watched him in Andromeda when it was on the air. I also like Robert Beltran from Star Trek: Voyager. But, neither one seem to have done much since other than those series.

You're right about The Andy Griffith Show too. I love to watch the old shows that actually encouraged family values and didn't have all the SLV in today's shows. I don't mind my kids watch the older shows, but definitely not the newer ones.
Back to top Go down
kayawss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Favorite T.V. Shows   Favorite T.V. Shows Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:09 pm

I like chuck and Heroes. I was very upset when the writers' strike disrupted the schedule. I thought that it was gone for good, but YAY, they brought it back. And it's still just as well written as before.
Back to top Go down
dreamr802
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Favorite T.V. Shows   Favorite T.V. Shows Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:39 pm

I love watching House but my favorite show is NCIS. I absolutely love this show. I'm actually watching the episode I taped tonight as I'm posting on this forum. Oh and another show I've gotten into is Bones. I love how both of these shows solve the most abscure cases.
Back to top Go down
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite T.V. Shows   Favorite T.V. Shows Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:56 pm

I love CSI - Las Vegas is my favorite city to visit for a 3 day weekend (any longer and I would go nuts)

I love The Shield and I am upset it is the last year for it - but I imagine there are not too many more ways to run the scripts.

I love Sons of Anarchy - this is its first season, and so far it is very interesting (must be the outlaw in me)

I absolutly love NCIS (we have to tivo it because it is the same time as The Shield)

Lets see, New Yankee Workshop (Norm reminds me of my husband)

Anything on HGTV (love home decorating - although I can't do any of it)
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Favorite T.V. Shows   Favorite T.V. Shows Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 8:50 am

Froix wrote:
Right now I only watch House M.D. Sometimes I watch Spongebob Squarepants with my nephews. I've cut back on TV and spending more time online.

This one I thought I would hate until my husband got me to watching it and now it is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
wildwoman
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Favorite T.V. Shows   Favorite T.V. Shows Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 7:24 pm

I love ER,CSI,and anything on Tru TV formally Court TV. I enjoy watching the ins and outs of crimes,and health care. I like seeing how even though we all do different jobs are basic emotions and such are the same.
Back to top Go down
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Favorite T.V. Shows   Favorite T.V. Shows Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 7:02 pm

I loved Miami Vice back in the 80s and I still watch it on some of the VCRs of it I have. The show might be dated but I still enjoy the episodes.

Now I like some reality shows like The Amazing Race and Kitchen Nightmares but I don't like the dramas that are on now. I don't even think the comedies are all that funny.
Back to top Go down
bubble
I am a
I am a
bubble

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Favorite T.V. Shows   Favorite T.V. Shows Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:16 am

I like anything that can make me laugh. We are subjected to so much serious stuff in life, and just to escape into something funny for a while really helps me.
Back to top Go down
jessje
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Favorite T.V. Shows   Favorite T.V. Shows Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 4:36 am

I love Lost, House MD, Prison Break, ER and Pushing daisies.
In the past we used to watch Friends, Boy meets world (not on air here anymore), Will and Grace and Promised land.
Back to top Go down
wildwoman
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Favorite T.V. Shows   Favorite T.V. Shows Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:24 pm

bubble wrote:
I like anything that can make me laugh. We are subjected to so much serious stuff in life, and just to escape into something funny for a while really helps me.

Yes I loved Yes Dear and King of Queens. A good laugh is always good after a hard stressful day. I watch a lot of comedy central and stand up comics too.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Favorite T.V. Shows   Favorite T.V. Shows Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 5:36 pm

bubble wrote:

Do you like British comedy bubble? I've got a couple of DVD sets, one of Mr. Bean (Rowan Atkinson) and another one of Keeping Up Appearances, I have watched them so many times and they still never fail to give me a good laugh. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Favorite T.V. Shows   Favorite T.V. Shows Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:44 pm

British comedy is a bit strange. I still watch Are You Being Served? It still makes me laugh. Very Happy
Also, LA Ink, House, Family Guy, and Ghost Hunters. Really anything paranormal.
Back to top Go down
mscott
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Favorite T.V. Shows   Favorite T.V. Shows Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:54 pm

Right now the only show I actually make time for is 24. I guess as long as I don't miss any episodes I like sticking with it. I use to be into all those crime shows like CSI and Law and Order but I just don't have the time for television any more. I like watching movies now more than most of the reality stuff.
Back to top Go down
jamesb
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Favorite T.V. Shows   Favorite T.V. Shows Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:59 pm

Some of my favorite TV shows include:

Tour of Duty
CSI
NCIS
Mash
Alo Alo
Are you being served?
Mr Bean
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite T.V. Shows   Favorite T.V. Shows Icon_minitime