Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Favorite board or card game?

Go down 
+8
bubble
dreamr802
Froix
kayawss
Dolphy
Topdog
aclowers
RustyK
12 posters
AuthorMessage
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Favorite board or card game? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite board or card game?   Favorite board or card game? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 1:16 am

Does your family like playing board games or card games? What are your favorites? We've been playing UNO a lot recently, it is easy and fun. My husband likes Risk, but I am not a big fan of that one.
Back to top Go down
aclowers
I am a
I am a
aclowers

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Favorite board or card game?   Favorite board or card game? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 8:12 pm

We like playing a variety of card games. It helps the kids with their math skills, as well. It gives us a chance to do something together and have fun.
Back to top Go down
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite board or card game?   Favorite board or card game? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 10:15 pm

We play a lot of back gammon. I just learned the game a couple of years ago and my husband is a math whiz so he can make the moves I can only hope for.

Other than that we don't play a lot of games. One we use to play was Majohng, it is different than the 'matching game' they play on line. This is similar to Rummy only using the tiles, chips. In the orient when they play the game, it is a gambling game. It is involved but not difficult to learn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
RustyK
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Favorite board or card game?   Favorite board or card game? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 2:03 am

I am not good with numbers, so I do not like games that require a lot of counting or some elaborate score keeping. UNO and Phase 10 are easy enough. We also played Yatzee, and that one is borderline - almost too much math for my taste. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dolphy
I am your
I am your
Dolphy

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite board or card game?   Favorite board or card game? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 12:36 pm

I love Backgammon! hehe I have played Topdog's husband in backgammon. We do have some quite interesting matches I must say! My kids love playing Uno, skipbo. We love playing new games too. Our family has quite a bit of fun playing games!
Back to top Go down
aclowers
I am a
I am a
aclowers

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Favorite board or card game?   Favorite board or card game? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:49 am

My kids also love playing trouble and sorry. They love being able to land on someone and send them back home. I gave them both games for Christmas. I had told the kids they had better not touch the presents under the Christmas tree or they would be in Trouble and they would be Sorry. I thought it was pretty clever. Razz
Back to top Go down
kayawss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Favorite board or card game?   Favorite board or card game? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:06 pm

My family and I like to play gin-rummy and cribbage. We also like to play monopoly, but not the new "credit card" version.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Favorite board or card game?   Favorite board or card game? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:35 am

aclowers wrote:
My kids also love playing trouble and sorry. They love being able to land on someone and send them back home. I gave them both games for Christmas. I had told the kids they had better not touch the presents under the Christmas tree or they would be in Trouble and they would be Sorry. I thought it was pretty clever. Razz

That's a smart way to put it! Very Happy Did they guess what the gifts were?

If your kids love sending other players back, you need to try this game we call Marbles, I think the proper name is Wahoo. You've got colored marbles that you need to take around the board and bring to a safe place. Other players can mess you up by sending you home. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Froix
I am a
I am a
Froix

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite board or card game?   Favorite board or card game? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 8:22 am

I still just play the classic ones, chess, poker, cluedo, monopoly and some others. Try playing bingo with the family. It's loads of fun surprisingly.
Back to top Go down
dreamr802
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Favorite board or card game?   Favorite board or card game? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:36 pm

I love playing monopoly. I really want to get the new monopoly world edition. I like how they have it with credit cards, makes it easy to stop the game and come back to it. The only thing that's bad about that game is that it takes FOREVER to finish a game. But that's part of the reason why I do like it. Too bad my boyfriend doesn't like it too much. We also like yatzee.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Favorite board or card game?   Favorite board or card game? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 5:12 pm

I forgot to mention Dominoes! There is this huge colorful set that goes all the way to double fifteens, you can buy them at Walmart. There are several fun games you can play with them, my family loves it.
Back to top Go down
bubble
I am a
I am a
bubble

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Favorite board or card game?   Favorite board or card game? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 1:59 pm

My daughter has quiet a collection of top trumps cards, so we often play that. I also like triominoes.

I think my favorite game is monopoly, but I have not played that in a very long time.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Favorite board or card game?   Favorite board or card game? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:03 pm

I like UNO, too, it is fun and easy to play, and you can play it with two, three, four or more players. I used to play Monopoly a lot, it's a classic.
Back to top Go down
giay
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Favorite board or card game?   Favorite board or card game? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:14 am

Hubby and me love to play scrabble, the loser wash the dishes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Favorite board or card game?   Favorite board or card game? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 2:14 am

giay wrote:
Hubby and me love to play scrabble, the loser wash the dishes Very Happy

Hey, that's a good incentive! Smile Do you win often so hubby has to do dishes a lot? Very Happy I suppose you don't want it to happen too often or he might quit playing...
Back to top Go down
ken7700
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Favorite board or card game?   Favorite board or card game? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:55 am

My kids love playing UNO and different board games. We mostly go with the classic card games and board games as well. Hard to find good new board games anymore.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Favorite board or card game?   Favorite board or card game? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:31 am

Has anyone heard of or played Dutch Blitz? I have a couple of friends who are crazy about it, they keep telling me it's a lot of fun. I have not tried it yet.
Back to top Go down
giay
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Favorite board or card game?   Favorite board or card game? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 8:39 am

Hubby always end up on the sink Very Happy but he did beats me on poker to even out Mad I got to do the washing too, sometimes geek
Back to top Go down
Mei
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Favorite board or card game?   Favorite board or card game? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:31 am

i am still a big fan of chess and scrabble. these games are good for families. i used to play these games with my family and it is a great way of having a good bonding with them. we also play UNO (card game), it's very fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite board or card game?   Favorite board or card game? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite board or card game?
Page 1 of 1