Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats?

Go down 
+5
KrisNY
Simplyme
LissyS
Dee
skatss
9 posters
AuthorMessage
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats? Empty
PostSubject: Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats?   Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:00 am

I'm an avid believer in neutering my pets but a friend of mine says that neutering is a form of cruelty and it takes away the animal's dignity.

That kind of sounded silly to me and I told my friend as much but she says she will never neuter any pet she has.

I always thought that doing this to a pet is a form of love but could I be wrong? I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on this.
Back to top Go down
Dee
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats?   Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 6:57 pm

I think it is important to have this done, I don't think it takes away their dignity but allows them to play freely Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats?   Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:28 pm

That "cruelty" notion is ridiculous. I have heard this view expressed many times, and I've seen what those who adhere to it do to their pets; now, that's cruelty. Letting the cats suffer for weeks when "that time" comes, locking them up - or letting them outside to "satisfy the need" where they get injured or killed.
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats?   Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:08 am

How could that be considered cruel? I don't get that. I could see if we were just strapping on some rubber bands (ouch!) or something but that is not how it is and actually after a pet is fixed they are often happier and have milder tempers.

I am, like you, an avid believer in having your pets fixed. I think it shows that you do care.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats?   Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:03 pm

Of course! It's not cruel- it's smart. There are so many unwanted pets running around and in shelters. It's irresponsible to not get them spayed or neutered- if you aren't planning on breeding them.

We just took our kittens to get fixed. $130 fr both of them- cheaper than kittens again!
Back to top Go down
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats?   Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 1:14 pm

I believe in having your pets fixed. I can't see how it would be cruel to do that. What was your friends' reasoning? Did she explain why she thought this way?

I'm sorry. I know I ask nosy questions.
Back to top Go down
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats?   Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:33 am

I think it is a good thing to do. Spaying or neutering your pet means that your animal and its potential offspring won't contribute to the population of unwanted pets. Further neutering may also reduce the risk of certain health problems, offering you more years with your beloved dog or cat.
Back to top Go down
HardworkinMom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats?   Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:08 pm

My pets are not. I got a couple of pure-bred dogs who have papers.
Back to top Go down
jamesb
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats?   Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:00 pm

I currently live in Thailand and there are many street dogs. No one is taking care of them so I think that it is actually somehow correct to neuter them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats?   Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do You Neuter Your Dogs And Cats?
Page 1 of 1