Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

How can you tell when a cats in heat?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

How can you tell when a cats in heat? Empty
PostSubject: How can you tell when a cats in heat?   How can you tell when a cats in heat? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:41 pm

I have been around a lot of cats and I know the obvious signs of a cat being in heat. However, I have a cat and she is just about the right age. She is not overly attention hungry but she does seem to be louder and meowing more often. Could this be a sign of heat too?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bubble
I am a
I am a
bubble

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: How can you tell when a cats in heat?   How can you tell when a cats in heat? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 8:06 am

I am not sure, but it is a possibility.

We had our can done, so she never attracts male attention!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: How can you tell when a cats in heat?   How can you tell when a cats in heat? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 4:24 pm

Yes, increased meowing can be a sign of it. Some cats are more vocal than others, but you can tell it's "that time" when they get loud and meow almost non-stop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: How can you tell when a cats in heat?   How can you tell when a cats in heat? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:11 am

I can tell she is acting different but it is not quite like any other cat I have seen in heat. I need to get her in and get her fixed but am waiting just in case she is in heat because they charge extra for that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: How can you tell when a cats in heat?   How can you tell when a cats in heat? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:01 pm

Well when our cat went in heat (the stray) you could tell- you would go to pet her and literally she would stick her fanny up in the air and meow very loud- It was GROSS.... Always wanted to go out too- I swear other cats (male- toms) can sense it and they come around too- We kept her in the house for 1 week. then got her fixed and gave her away!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: How can you tell when a cats in heat?   How can you tell when a cats in heat? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:35 am

I think one common sign of heat among cats are they will become unusually affectionate, by sidling up and rubbing her hind quarters against furniture, stuffed toys, other cats or her favorite human.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HardworkinMom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: How can you tell when a cats in heat?   How can you tell when a cats in heat? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:07 pm

My dad used to say that you can tell if the cats are in heat if their meowing sounds something like... "noooowww" and "tomorrrrrroooww"

HAHAHAHAHA lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: How can you tell when a cats in heat?   How can you tell when a cats in heat? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:13 am

HardworkinMom wrote:
My dad used to say that you can tell if the cats are in heat if their meowing sounds something like... "noooowww" and "tomorrrrrroooww"

HAHAHAHAHA lol!

lol! That's funny!

A friend of us had a cat who remained completely silent when in heat, so that is also possible, although unusual. She'd just get her butt up every time you touch her. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can you tell when a cats in heat?   How can you tell when a cats in heat? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How can you tell when a cats in heat?
Page 1 of 1