Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

A bowl of milk

Go down 
+5
KrisNY
LissyS
dreamr802
RustyK
aclowers
9 posters
AuthorMessage
aclowers
I am a
I am a
aclowers

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-10-01

A bowl of milk Empty
PostSubject: A bowl of milk   A bowl of milk Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 8:55 am

It has been a long time tradition to give a bowl of milk to your cat or a stray cat. Do you give processed cow's milk to your cats or kittens? It is my understanding that it can cause diarrhea and is not really good for them.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

A bowl of milk Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bowl of milk   A bowl of milk Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 4:23 pm

It does cause diarrhea, so I always water the milk down considerably if I want to give some to my cats. One of them still appears to be too sensitive to it, he throws up after drinking milk, so I have stopped giving it to him.
Back to top Go down
dreamr802
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-10-21

A bowl of milk Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bowl of milk   A bowl of milk Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 3:59 pm

My aunt gives milk to her cat every morning. It doesn't do anything to her. She absolutely loves milk and if we don't give it to her in the morning she starts to meow until we do. She knows she gets her milk at 7:30 am regardless.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

A bowl of milk Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bowl of milk   A bowl of milk Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 1:43 am

dreamr802 wrote:
My aunt gives milk to her cat every morning. It doesn't do anything to her. She absolutely loves milk and if we don't give it to her in the morning she starts to meow until we do. She knows she gets her milk at 7:30 am regardless.

My grandmother had a cat who was like that - loved milk and never had any problems with it. I know that it is more of an exception than the rule though, so we need to be careful.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

A bowl of milk Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bowl of milk   A bowl of milk Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 7:03 am

I've been giving milk to the kittens since they were old enough to drink it. Never bothered the 2 that we kept. They get some 2 times a day here. Not a ton of it though. I give it to them when they get their soft canned or pouch cat food.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

A bowl of milk Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bowl of milk   A bowl of milk Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 11:00 pm

I guess it depends of the cat, too. As I already said earlier, one of mine throws up after drinking milk, but another one is just fine with it (I always water it down though). Cat #3 does not care for milk at all.
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

A bowl of milk Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bowl of milk   A bowl of milk Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 9:24 am

I give them milk very rarely because it does cause stomach problems. My cats wine for it all the time though.
Back to top Go down
jimmys devoted
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-09-09

A bowl of milk Empty
PostSubject: we give our " dogs" milk all the time   A bowl of milk Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 10:52 pm

We give our basset hound a bowl of whole milk every morning with breakfast of oatmeal. The others like milk as well and it never bothered them.
we did have a cat wen i was younger that began to give back milk when he was about two years old.

julie
Back to top Go down
bubble
I am a
I am a
bubble

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-09

A bowl of milk Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bowl of milk   A bowl of milk Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:22 am

When our cat was a kitten, we gave her a little milk every day. In truth I think she was too young to be taken from her mom, but she was fine with it.
Back to top Go down
wildwoman
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-10-31

A bowl of milk Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bowl of milk   A bowl of milk Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:58 pm

My cats don't seem to care much for milk even if I water it down. But the do enjoy their cat nip and treats so i suppose it is ok if they skip the milk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A bowl of milk Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bowl of milk   A bowl of milk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A bowl of milk
Page 1 of 1