Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Cat won't drink from a bowl

Go down 
+4
Brandbla8
elvenrunelord
bubble
lizd
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lizd
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Cat won't drink from a bowl Empty
PostSubject: Cat won't drink from a bowl   Cat won't drink from a bowl Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 1:28 pm

I wanted to share something funny with you guys. I actually don't think about it too much because it's become the norm in my house. Ever since my cat was a baby, she refused to drink water out of a water bowl. The apartment I was living in at the time had a leaky faucet in the bathtub. That's the only place she would drink from. Until this day, now living in a different place, she still won't drink from a bowl. So, I actually have to let the sink in the bathroom drip for her. She climbs right in and drinks from it.

So is my cat a weirdo, or has anyone else ever experienced this?
Back to top Go down
bubble
I am a
I am a
bubble

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Cat won't drink from a bowl   Cat won't drink from a bowl Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:38 am

My cat does something similar, she will not drink fresh, clean water at all!! If we put down a bowl of fresh water for her, she will not drink from it. I was getting worried that she was not getting enough water, but have caught her drinking dirty water from pubbles, and even the pool. I don't know why she does this, but it is not affecting her health in any way, so what can I do but leave her to do what she wants!
Back to top Go down
elvenrunelord
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Cat won't drink from a bowl   Cat won't drink from a bowl Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 10:46 pm

Yea your cats a weirdo. lol Razz Just kidding. Let the poor cat drink wherever they want to. they are creatures of habit just like humans are. We always drink water from a faucet don't we. lol
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Cat won't drink from a bowl   Cat won't drink from a bowl Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:20 pm

Now that is cute. My cat boots drinks from the water bowl.
Back to top Go down
DianaR
I am a
I am a
DianaR

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Cat won't drink from a bowl   Cat won't drink from a bowl Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 11:36 am

I had a cat that figured out that all the human food got cooked in the microwave, and decided that his food needed the same treatment.

It took me a while to figure out why he wouldn't eat his soft food that he got once a day. Well. I tried putting it in the microwave for about 3 seconds, just long enough for the timre to go "ding", and he ate it immediately.

They really do want equal treatment, sometimes.
Back to top Go down
ken7700
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Cat won't drink from a bowl   Cat won't drink from a bowl Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:33 pm

It seems that cats can be weird sometimes. I know some of my cats will eat out of bowls while others will not which includes water.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Cat won't drink from a bowl   Cat won't drink from a bowl Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:34 pm

That's hilarious about the microwave Diana! Smile

Some cats prefer running water, I have heard of them jumping into the sink and even learning how to turn the faucet and get the water running. They are smart creatures.
Back to top Go down
aclowers
I am a
I am a
aclowers

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Cat won't drink from a bowl   Cat won't drink from a bowl Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:52 pm

I like the microwave story, too. Cats are smarter than we give them credit for sometimes. I had a cat that drank out of a drippy faucet, too. We lived in an old trailer and the bathtub dripped constantly. We kept fresh water out for her, but she preferred getting it straight from the faucet. I actually have a funny story about it. She would jump right in the bathtub for her drink until one very special day.

My husband had filled the tub up for a bath. He went to get his clothes and while he was away she ran and jumped into the tub like usual. Only she wasn't expecting to get in a swim in the process. It was so funny, she swam out of the tub and you could tell she thought he did it on purpose. From that day on instead of jumping right into the tub, she would jump onto the side. Then she would reach her paw down to test and see if there was water in it, before she jumped in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cat won't drink from a bowl   Cat won't drink from a bowl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cat won't drink from a bowl
Page 1 of 1