Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Raising More Than One Puppy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mandiees
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Raising More Than One Puppy Empty
PostSubject: Raising More Than One Puppy   Raising More Than One Puppy Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 3:48 pm

Any tips for how to successfully raise more than one puppy at the same time? Do you think it would help in the process if the pups were related somehow?
Back to top Go down
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Raising More Than One Puppy   Raising More Than One Puppy Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:14 pm

We have a multi-dog home and there are pros and cons.

Two of our babies were puppies from different litters when we got them. There were a few months that separated them. They are very close. Our next dog was brought into the home a couple of years after these too and while he gets along with them, he is a loner when the three of them are together. Our last dog was brought into the home about a year after him, and they are closer together, and they do play with each other, however the two of them are independant and would rather have mom and dads attention instead of each others.

As a multi-group, if one is getting special out of the kennel attention for some reason, the other three create such a barking frenzy it is insane. Work as we have on quelling the barking it doesn't happen. Neutral so we have the barking frenzy and they feed off of each other until the one who is out of the kennel goes back in to his kennel.

Plus they are all males - that should give you another clue - it can get a bit crazy here !
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Raising More Than One Puppy   Raising More Than One Puppy Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 10:42 am

I think it is helpful if they are brothers and sisters. It's not necessary though.
I think you should have separate homes (kennels) for them.
Pay attention to the both equally- Get them to play together.
Back to top Go down
ken7700
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Raising More Than One Puppy   Raising More Than One Puppy Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 9:10 am

Raising to puppies together are much easier if they are related I have found out. Puppies that are not seem to fight more and cause trouble more often. Related puppies seem to form a bond.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raising More Than One Puppy   Raising More Than One Puppy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raising More Than One Puppy
Page 1 of 1