Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Kitten and puppy

Go down 
+2
shinningstar
RustyK
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Kitten and puppy Empty
PostSubject: Kitten and puppy   Kitten and puppy Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:45 pm

One thing I have always wanted to do is to get a kitten and a puppy and have them grow up together. I have seen this done, they adopt each other as siblings and become inseparable. Watching them play and cuddle is so funny. Has anyone done it?
Back to top Go down
shinningstar
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Kitten and puppy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitten and puppy   Kitten and puppy Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 3:17 am

Sound funny to hear but it takes enough time and patience to train these pets. I remembered watching my favorite cartoon Tom & Jerry.
Back to top Go down
bubble
I am a
I am a
bubble

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Kitten and puppy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitten and puppy   Kitten and puppy Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 4:46 am

I have never done it, but I think it would work out fine. We have one dog and one cat, but they didn't get on very well at first, the cat was really frightened of the dog, but now they get on famously.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Kitten and puppy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitten and puppy   Kitten and puppy Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:14 pm

shinningstar wrote:
Sound funny to hear but it takes enough time and patience to train these pets. I remembered watching my favorite cartoon Tom & Jerry.

Tom and Jerry were cat and mouse, not a cat and a puppy. cat I don't think it would take any special training, kittens and puppies usually do not act hostile to one another. Introducing adult dogs and cats is much more difficult.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255

Kitten and puppy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitten and puppy   Kitten and puppy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:01 am

Our adult dog Carmen loves the kittens- they are a bit afraid of her- but coming around. I think it's great if you can get a kitten and puppy together- bring them in together- so one won't think they already own the house and feel threatened.
Back to top Go down
Bezuca
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Kitten and puppy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitten and puppy   Kitten and puppy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:46 am

As long as both of them are young i think its not that hard to make them coexist together. At least that's what i've heard.
Back to top Go down
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115

Kitten and puppy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitten and puppy   Kitten and puppy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 12:16 pm

My friend has a puppy and a dog and she's bringing them up together. They are so adorable especially wehn they play with each other. I really think that they think they are brothers. I guess they really are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kitten and puppy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitten and puppy   Kitten and puppy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kitten and puppy
Page 1 of 1