Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Taking your pet on vacation

Go down 
+5
skatss
wildwoman
bubble
Brandbla8
antkmom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
antkmom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Taking your pet on vacation Empty
PostSubject: Taking your pet on vacation   Taking your pet on vacation Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:57 am

Do you take your pet with you on vacation? I have seen many hotels that are pet friendly. I think that my dog wouldn't be comfortable staying somewhere besides home, especially when we would spend the day out of the room.
What are your experiences with taking your pet on vacation?
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Taking your pet on vacation   Taking your pet on vacation Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 5:01 pm

We do a lot of camping so we take our dog, but we also have taken bear to hotels with us as well. It may cost a little more but bear just loves to travel.
Back to top Go down
bubble
I am a
I am a
bubble

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Taking your pet on vacation   Taking your pet on vacation Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 1:47 pm

I would not take my dog away with me. I have just been away over the christmas period and both of our pets were taken care of by a neighbour. I have no idea what he has been feeding the dog but I tell you, she seems to have really grown in such a short space of time!!!
Back to top Go down
wildwoman
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Taking your pet on vacation   Taking your pet on vacation Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:42 pm

I used to take my dogs when I went out of town to visit with family. But now that my truck isn't a good size anymore,I usually have a friend take care of them. I don't want them to be uncomfortable in any way whale traveling.
Back to top Go down
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Taking your pet on vacation   Taking your pet on vacation Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:55 am

I usually have a friend take care of my dog if I go away. But I don't usually leave for more than one day because I'd rather be around for my dog. No one takes as good of care of him as I do. If I don't have to go any where I don't go.

We do go on one day vacations where we take the dog with us. That way the whole family has a good time together.
Back to top Go down
andasay
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Taking your pet on vacation   Taking your pet on vacation Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:19 am

I have often put my dog in kennels if I am going away for any length of time.

I think it a little unfair of me to expect friends or neighbours to feel comfortable looking after such a big dog as mine.
Back to top Go down
Dee
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Taking your pet on vacation   Taking your pet on vacation Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:20 am

We have guinea pigs so no I wouldn't take them, I guess some dog owners are real close to their dogs so they take them on vacation, me personally I like to be animal free for a few days.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Taking your pet on vacation   Taking your pet on vacation Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:03 pm

I don't take my cats with me, any trip in the car is a big stress to them, so they wouldn't enjoy it. Dogs seem to be better with traveling, if we had a dog we'd probably take it with.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Taking your pet on vacation   Taking your pet on vacation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:14 pm

I can't take my pets with me. I don't think they'd be comfortable anywhere but home. I have my neighbour look after them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking your pet on vacation   Taking your pet on vacation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taking your pet on vacation
Page 1 of 1