Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Dog barking when left alone

Go down 
+2
antkmom
jamesb
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jamesb
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Dog barking when left alone Empty
PostSubject: Dog barking when left alone   Dog barking when left alone Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 8:58 am

One of our dogs seems to go crazy once we go out and leave her alone at the house. She will bark and cry non stop until we return home. Its driving our neighbors crazy. What can do to resolve this?
Back to top Go down
antkmom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Dog barking when left alone   Dog barking when left alone Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 6:41 pm

My sister use to have to leave the tv or radio on when she left the house or her dog with bark the whole time she was gone. I don't know if this will work for you, but you could give it a try.
Back to top Go down
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Dog barking when left alone   Dog barking when left alone Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:12 am

You can turn on a radio or a tape recorded with your voice to keep the dog from barking. Most of the dogs do this thing thinking that they were being deserted.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Dog barking when left alone   Dog barking when left alone Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:20 pm

I bet it does drive them crazy. I think there is a discussion similar to this in behaviors section- check it out.
I like the idea of leaving music on. Maybe the dog is lonely.
Back to top Go down
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Dog barking when left alone   Dog barking when left alone Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:45 pm

Sometimes leaving a television on helps them not feel so alone. Also, I know someone who calls her house a few times a day, has the answering machine pick up and then she talks to her dog. She says she's sure hearing her voice helps her dog feel good.
Back to top Go down
SpoiledAngel_
I am a
I am a
SpoiledAngel_

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Dog barking when left alone   Dog barking when left alone Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 9:51 pm

You already have some of the best suggestions- Leave on the TV or radio. The only other things I could suggest is getting your dog a friend. Sometimes having another dog can preoccupy yours and reduce the amount of barking that goes on when you are not around. Or muzzling her/him when you are not going to be gone too long.

Your dog is going through separation anxiety and though frustrating it could be a whole lot worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dog barking when left alone   Dog barking when left alone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dog barking when left alone
Page 1 of 1