Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Barking When Alone

Go down 
+2
DianaR
mandiees
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mandiees
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Barking When Alone Empty
PostSubject: Barking When Alone   Barking When Alone Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:46 am

How can you control a dog's barking when you are not around? Is barking like this usually triggered by some sort of stimulus, or do dogs sometimes bark when they are lonely/their owners leave?
Back to top Go down
DianaR
I am a
I am a
DianaR

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Barking When Alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barking When Alone   Barking When Alone Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 12:08 pm

If you can desensitize the dog to your absence, he will get quieter. Have you tried that approach yet?
Back to top Go down
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Barking When Alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barking When Alone   Barking When Alone Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 4:52 pm

Barking is a sign of many things. One of them being bored, the other is being lonely. We leave the TV on for the dogs when we are at work. Plus they are in their kennels, with some toys, and a rawhide chew to mess around with. When they get out of their kennels they get about 20 minutes of exercise in the yard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Barking When Alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barking When Alone   Barking When Alone Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 2:52 am

Most of the times my pet is having some one or the other around, as I am a house wife and we have attendants too. When it is alone at times it wants to be left in the open area so that it gets to see things around and doesn't get bored.
Back to top Go down
ken7700
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Barking When Alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barking When Alone   Barking When Alone Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:07 am

I know dogs are just like humans in many respects they get bored and lonely as well and barking is something they do to voice their opinions. Having toys around to play with or a place they can run and play might be an option.
Back to top Go down
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Barking When Alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barking When Alone   Barking When Alone Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 4:25 pm

I guess we are bad parents, our dogs all watch tv ! But when they are all in the kennels, they are next to each other so that is comforting to them as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
Froix
I am a
I am a
Froix

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Barking When Alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barking When Alone   Barking When Alone Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 6:42 pm

Our dog do this a lot just to get attention. It can get annoying at times when you look around to who he's barking at and see no one else except the dog right there looking at you wagging its tail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Barking When Alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barking When Alone   Barking When Alone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barking When Alone
Page 1 of 1