Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

pets as presents

Go down 
+8
antkmom
jimmys devoted
sanju123
LissyS
Brandbla8
hoygirl
jamesb
Mei
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Mei
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-12-02

pets as presents Empty
PostSubject: pets as presents   pets as presents Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:29 pm

do you love to give pets as presents? i have not tried giving pets as a gift to someone. i think if you are a pet lover and someone gives you a pet, it would be very sweet. what are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
jamesb
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-12-01

pets as presents Empty
PostSubject: Re: pets as presents   pets as presents Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 1:06 pm

I think a pet is something very personal and unless you are planning to give it to your partner or child then I would never give a pet as a gift. Don't forget that a pet is a long term commitment that not every one is willing to make.
Back to top Go down
hoygirl
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-11-25

pets as presents Empty
PostSubject: Re: pets as presents   pets as presents Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 2:22 pm

Yes I agree with that. If you know the person really wants a certain type of pet and can care for it then I don`t see a problem with it. As for a child it really depends on the age and type of animal. i have read in the newspaper that people love to give baby chicks or bunnies to kids for Easter. They said it was a very bad idea because the pet usually gets neglected or ends up given away when the newness wears off. They don`t stay tiny for long and then they don`t want them anymore.
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

pets as presents Empty
PostSubject: Re: pets as presents   pets as presents Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 9:19 pm

My animals have a stocking for each of them. They get new collars, chew toys and such. I love to watch them just play in the wrapping paper.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

pets as presents Empty
PostSubject: Re: pets as presents   pets as presents Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 11:09 pm

I think that a pet would make a wonderful gift to the right person, but it needs to be discussed and agreed on in advance.
Back to top Go down
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

pets as presents Empty
PostSubject: Re: pets as presents   pets as presents Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 2:50 am

This is a great idea but the only consideration should e that the person should be a pet lover. A pet would make a wonderful gift, my son was thrilled when his grandparents got him a pug on his b'day.
Back to top Go down
jamesb
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 109

pets as presents Empty
PostSubject: Re: pets as presents   pets as presents Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 11:32 am

I would enjoy giving certain gifts to friends who have a pet such as a nice dog leash or a nice water bowl.
Back to top Go down
jimmys devoted
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-09-09

pets as presents Empty
PostSubject: I got Fartfignugen as a MOthers Day Present   pets as presents Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 5:11 pm

Hubby got me Fartfignugen, our basset at a mothers day present. And to me it so appropriate.
Not for kids and definately it has to be an agreed upon present.

julie
Back to top Go down
antkmom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 81

pets as presents Empty
PostSubject: Re: pets as presents   pets as presents Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 6:39 pm

I wouldn't give anyone a pet as a gift , unless I knew that it was something that they really wanted. You have to really commit to taking care of any kind of animal. Just because I love animals, doesn't mean everyone would want one as a gift.
Back to top Go down
Vlada
I am a
I am a
Vlada

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-12-08

pets as presents Empty
PostSubject: Re: pets as presents   pets as presents Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 1:16 am

Mei wrote:
do you love to give pets as presents? i have not tried giving pets as a gift to someone. i think if you are a pet lover and someone gives you a pet, it would be very sweet. what are your thoughts?
I think it is a nonsense to give pets as presents. I īm sure that pets are not toys and they demand the care and the respect. They are living beings with their characters and habits.
Back to top Go down
ken7700
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-20

pets as presents Empty
PostSubject: Re: pets as presents   pets as presents Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:53 pm

Giving pets as presents I think is a very tough call. Most of the time people want to pick out their own pet and not have someone else do it. I personally would not do it, but I know some people who have.
Back to top Go down
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-08-19

pets as presents Empty
PostSubject: Re: pets as presents   pets as presents Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:08 pm

I don't think I would give a pet as a present. Pets are very personal and what you might like the person you are buying it for might not. Also, you have to be sure that the person can have pets. I'm not allowed to have a pet in my apartment building.

I would go with another gift.
Back to top Go down
Dee
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-21

pets as presents Empty
PostSubject: Re: pets as presents   pets as presents Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:29 am

No I don't think they should be given as presents unless the new owner agrees to the pet, alot of pets are given out as presents ad then the new owner does not want it, It's ok to buy your children or partner a pet present but not a surprise present for friends or other family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

pets as presents Empty
PostSubject: Re: pets as presents   pets as presents Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pets as presents
Page 1 of 1