Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

your pet names

Go down 
+4
sanju123
wildwoman
jimmys devoted
Mei
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mei
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-12-02

your pet names Empty
PostSubject: your pet names   your pet names Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:43 am

where do you usually get the names of your pets? some people are trying to search for names on the internet. i just tried to invent and think of names for my pets. what about you?
Back to top Go down
jimmys devoted
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-09-09

your pet names Empty
PostSubject: OUr basset was just a fluke name   your pet names Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 5:24 pm

When we went to take him home hubby said " are you ready to go home fartfignugen" and he perked up and started wagging so hard! And he just loves that name. Though he does have loads of nicknames.
snubblebubble, nibblenucks, snubbly bubbly,

teh others ( we have Cool just seemed to pick their names. One day the little black one was following me around the house and I said you follow me like a shadow, "are you my shadow" and he got all excited so now his name is Shadow and eats at his place setting at the dinner table.

Then we have Badger. He looked just a baby badger!

Baby Girl was always baby girl and now she has developed teh Princess Personality. So she has two names. Princess and Baby Girl. Her vet certificate is Graham,. because she found an old teddy graham cracker in the couch!

Boom Bear is a unique one. He started out as butter bean he was so roly. But then he was wagging so hard at the bathroom door it gave the door a BOOM sound and he looks like the bear in the big blue house. so we have Boom Bear. He can do areal flips,

Flower Mama, looks like a field of yellow eyes daisies

Sugar is just so sweet. he was astray that stayed. It took a year for him to come in and not run. After 4 years he is finally getting up on the bed And finally we Have Gen-er-al.
He is named after General Patton. We have the move Patton with George C Scott and he watched it. Every time someone in the movie would say General he would perk up. So it stuck.
So basically they picked their names.

julie
Back to top Go down
wildwoman
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-10-31

your pet names Empty
PostSubject: Re: your pet names   your pet names Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:20 pm

Well I usually try to observe the new pet for a few hours to sometimes a few days to see if their personality sparks any kind of name to give them. With my dog Sparky I did this,I watched him and played with him and within a few hours the name just popped into my head. For my cats I went pretty basic. My youngest cat Tiger is a tiger looking cat,while my cat Oreo is a black and white cat. Try to watch them and see if any names come to mind.
Back to top Go down
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

your pet names Empty
PostSubject: Re: your pet names   your pet names Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 7:57 pm

I never searched net to find names for my pet. It usually is families choice whatever name is unanimously decided is picked. My son named his pug- snowy, we all liked it and finalized it.
Back to top Go down
alcher_27
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-12-07

your pet names Empty
PostSubject: Re: your pet names   your pet names Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:52 pm

I get pet names from what's popular on current events, without the intent of glamorizing the name. So when Binladin was on the news and I had three new puppies, the two males got the name Bin and Din; the female, La.
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

your pet names Empty
PostSubject: Re: your pet names   your pet names Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 5:06 pm

We have found that the names just come to us. My three cats are Boots, Fidget and Snowball Green and our little doggie is Bear Green. They even have our last name.
Back to top Go down
Dee
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-21

your pet names Empty
PostSubject: Re: your pet names   your pet names Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:25 am

We have 2 guinea pigs and they are called Bart and Snowy, my son chose the names, they are great, sometimes I forget they are there they are so quiet Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

your pet names Empty
PostSubject: Re: your pet names   your pet names Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:22 pm

I have two German Shepherds named Gestalt and Gerhardt. I wanted to use German names or words, so that's what I came up with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

your pet names Empty
PostSubject: Re: your pet names   your pet names Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

your pet names
Page 1 of 1