Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Pets Always Find Me

Go down 
+2
RustyK
lizd
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lizd
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Pets Always Find Me Empty
PostSubject: Pets Always Find Me   Pets Always Find Me Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:35 pm

Growing up I lived up on a seasonal road on top of a hill. People who decided to "throw away" their animals always seemed to find our road to drop them off. In my life I've had a total of three dogs, five cats and a bird. Of those, six of them were dropped off near my parent's house and we found and raised them.

Anyone else have animals "find them"?
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Pets Always Find Me   Pets Always Find Me Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 4:12 pm

It happens here where we live all the time, too. Just yesterday, we went for a walk, and four kittens came out meowing from the corn field. You can tell they were dumped there... We were only able to catch two and bring them home. I will go again today and look for the other two.
Back to top Go down
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Pets Always Find Me   Pets Always Find Me Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 3:36 am

I have not adopted any of the abandoned animal, but i do make it sure that I inform the concerned people so that the animals are rescued immediately and taken to safe place.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Pets Always Find Me   Pets Always Find Me Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 7:54 am

Yes--- same here.... The kittens we have are form a momma cat that was left here. We live in the country on a main road. We took her in- she didn't get along with out other indoor cat at all. We kept the momma for about 6 months. We then found her a great home. She is loved there and there aren't other cats there. We gave away 3 kittens (to family and friends) and kept 2.

Seems like cats have a way of finding us.
Back to top Go down
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Pets Always Find Me   Pets Always Find Me Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 9:24 am

Ahhh don't you hate that. We also live in a remote area, and people think nothing of dropping off their discards. My neighbor on Monday came to my door to see if I had an extra lease she could borrow. She had spotted a puppy out in the desert on her way home and she was going to try and rescue it before the buzzards got to it. She brought it back by on her way home, and he was so skinny, and dehydrated. Poor guy was shaking so badly, but he looked relieved to actually be around people. I need to check with her this weekend to see how it is doing. She has already recused 3 other drop off dogs, so I am sure this will add to her group. It is lucky our neighbors are all animal nuts. In our area, there are coyotes, javalina (wild pigs), rattle snakes, buzzards and eagles. All of these make a puppy easy prey and dinner. We often see signs of 'missing Chihuahua and Yorkies' along the highway from people who have just moved into the area. Cats are another that are often prey.

People just don't think about how small these animals are, and what kind of wild animals are in our area. Even though we have a block fence around our property, one winter we actually did have a mountain lion in our back yard. We had to call game and fish to come and ensure it wasn't in there the next morning before we let our kids out to play. We have only had on instance of that, but we are always on guard before we open our door in the morning. While we have 3 good size dogs our Pekeneese has to be guarded (although he is so fisty - I think he would give a good fight).
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Pets Always Find Me   Pets Always Find Me Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:29 am

That seems to happen very often on back roads or dead end streets. It is sad that people can be that cruel to animals and just drop them off like that. I have had animals that I have been able to find homes for, but I would not just dump them off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pets Always Find Me   Pets Always Find Me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pets Always Find Me
Page 1 of 1