Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Halloween and Cats...

Go down 
+4
wildwoman
RustyK
Simplyme
DianaR
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DianaR
I am a
I am a
DianaR

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Halloween and Cats... Empty
PostSubject: Halloween and Cats...   Halloween and Cats... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:55 pm

Even though it really doesn't happen much in cities anymore, cats can be the target of torture at Halloween. Be sure to keep your precious baby inside.

It has been several years since I heard of a cat being set on fire, or having a firecracker tied to its tail, but one can never be too careful!
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Halloween and Cats...   Halloween and Cats... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:11 pm

This is especially important if you happen to own a black cat. One of my newest editions to the family is a medium haired black cat with some kickin fangs and I have been told by many he was horribly harassed last Halloween and it was a miracle that he is alive today.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Halloween and Cats...   Halloween and Cats... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 1:25 am

Yes, please, please, please, watch your kitties and keep them indoors for Halloween! I have heard some sickening accounts of abuse and torture as well. I hope to God people who do this will pay for it.
Back to top Go down
wildwoman
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Halloween and Cats...   Halloween and Cats... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 7:28 pm

I was just out trick or treating with my little one and I seen a lot of cats running loose. I sure do hope they are OK. When I lived with my parents,the woods near my house used to be a feeding ground for this horrible people that tortured cats. I couldn't tell you how many times I called the cops when I would hear them in there. Sad how people can be so cruel.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Halloween and Cats...   Halloween and Cats... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 1:23 am

There is a black stray that comes to our house once in a while, I was worried about her today. Thankfully, she came and stayed on our deck most of the day.
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Halloween and Cats...   Halloween and Cats... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 9:20 am

My cats stayed indoors for Halloween. It is sad that we have to worry about things like that.
Back to top Go down
ekmallette
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Halloween and Cats...   Halloween and Cats... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 6:35 am

Oh man...it's just so sad that this sort of thing even has to be a worry. I'm a firm believer in keeping cats indoors though at all times...I may feel differently if we lived out of town though where there would be a lot of roaming space free of cars and other dangers. We have three cats and keep them inside as house cats.
Back to top Go down
bubble
I am a
I am a
bubble

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Halloween and Cats...   Halloween and Cats... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:14 am

It has been a long time since I heard anyone doing this to a cat, so I am hoping it is a sign that these things do not happen any more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halloween and Cats...   Halloween and Cats... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halloween and Cats...
Page 1 of 1