Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

lonely Kitty

Go down 
+3
RustyK
lizd
skatss
7 posters
AuthorMessage
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-08-19

lonely Kitty Empty
PostSubject: lonely Kitty   lonely Kitty Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 10:28 am

My kitty (Kiddy really) Boots is not happy now that I have a full time job out of the house all day. I used to be able to work from my home but my job changed and I am out all day now. Boots seems a little depressed. It has just been a month now but he isn't happy at all it seems.

I was thinking of getting him a little sister or brother. Does anyone think it's a bad idea to get another cat for him to play with all day? I already have enough cat toys around to keep anyone happy, but Boots needs more. Would it depress him more to have another kitty around? How can I find out?
Back to top Go down
lizd
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-09-19

lonely Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: lonely Kitty   lonely Kitty Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:30 pm

I've often wondered the same thing. My Pepper gets real jealous though whenever she's around other animals. If Boots generally seems to enjoy other animals, then maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea. I would just use caution and not leave them alone together right away. Boots may feel threatened and hurt his new brother or sister.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

lonely Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: lonely Kitty   lonely Kitty Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 4:06 pm

Has Boots been around other cats at all? Does he get along with them well? I wonder if you could do a "trial adoption" from a shelter - take another cat and see how it goes. If they become friends with Boots, you keep the kitty, if not, give it back to the shelter.
Back to top Go down
elvenrunelord
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-09-06

lonely Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: lonely Kitty   lonely Kitty Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 10:44 pm

Another thing you might want to consider are your feelings in this matter. Your kitty might not be depressed at all, you on the other hand might be depressed about leaving the household and your kitty to go out and work and dumping all that emotion on a poor little kitty cat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

lonely Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: lonely Kitty   lonely Kitty Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:24 pm

Since I have kept 2 of her kittens from 6 months ago, she seems to be mean to them and hisses at them everytime they get near her. We had them all fixed but she still does it. You just never know how they will take to a new kitten.
Back to top Go down
DianaR
I am a
I am a
DianaR

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-09-09

lonely Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: lonely Kitty   lonely Kitty Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 11:32 am

Brandbla8 wrote:
Since I have kept 2 of her kittens from 6 months ago, she seems to be mean to them and hisses at them everytime they get near her. We had them all fixed but she still does it. You just never know how they will take to a new kitten.

Could be that mom was ready for the kittens to be gone, once weaned. It is as if the kids are supposed to be grown up and on their own, but end up living in the basement until they are 30.
Back to top Go down
ken7700
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-20

lonely Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: lonely Kitty   lonely Kitty Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:22 pm

I would get a playmate. Just like most animals they get bored when no one is around. I think a playmate is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

lonely Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: lonely Kitty   lonely Kitty Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:38 pm

The hard part is to pick a cat who would get along with Boots and whose company Boots would enjoy as well. It might take time, too. When our second cat showed up, he hissed at the one we already had for well over a week, although that cat was ready to accept him right away. They are friends now, sleeping next to each other as I type this. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

lonely Kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: lonely Kitty   lonely Kitty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lonely Kitty
Page 1 of 1