Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

White Rats as Pets ?

Go down 
+8
RustyK
kayawss
Simplyme
shruti
Oigen
skatss
mandiees
Topdog
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

White Rats as Pets ? Empty
PostSubject: White Rats as Pets ?   White Rats as Pets ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:31 pm

As pets
Quote :
Fancy rat

A domesticated rat.Specially bred rats have been kept as pets at least since the late 19th century. Pet rats are typically of variants of the species Brown rat, but Black rats and Giant pouched rats are also known to be kept. Pet rats behave differently than their wild counterparts depending on how many generations they have been kept as pets. Pet rats do not pose any more of a health risk than pets such as cats and dogs. Tamed rats are generally friendly and can be taught to perform selected behaviors.

White Rats as Pets ? 180px-12

White Rats as Pets ? 150px-10
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
mandiees
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: White Rats as Pets ?   White Rats as Pets ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 12:32 pm

Seriously? Are the rats personable? Do they actually bond with people? Can they be potty trained? If none of the above - no thanks!
Back to top Go down
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: White Rats as Pets ?   White Rats as Pets ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:38 pm

We have a little neice and she has 1. They are both the love of her life. My sister (their grandmother) has a hard time with them. I have yet to see them. I cringe at the thought but they are suppose to make good pets.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: White Rats as Pets ?   White Rats as Pets ? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 12:43 pm

Here In NYC we have rats as large as cats. Thank goodness I never saw one except on the news. The white rats might be nice as a pet but not for me. If the wind pushes a piece of paper in front of me I jump. If I saw a rat scurrying around ... just thinking about it gives me the shakes.
Back to top Go down
Oigen
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: White Rats as Pets ?   White Rats as Pets ? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 2:54 pm

Oh wow, rats are incredibly cool. I'd really want one, if they were domesticated. I'd scare everybody with him Smile
Back to top Go down
shruti
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: White Rats as Pets ?   White Rats as Pets ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 9:31 am

Rats are good pets.
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: White Rats as Pets ?   White Rats as Pets ? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 2:45 am

We had a grey and white rat and a white rat with red eyes that were our family pets when I was younger. I do not remember much about their care but I do remember it was not quite as easy as I thought it would be.
Back to top Go down
kayawss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-10-20

PostSubject: Re: White Rats as Pets ?   White Rats as Pets ? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:45 pm

Our rats are a mis of Rex, Cap-Stipe, silver tip and seal-point
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: White Rats as Pets ?   White Rats as Pets ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 4:50 pm

My mom is terrified of mice and rats, I know she'd shudder if I tell her that some people keep rats as pets! Very Happy I am not scared of them, but I have never thought of a rat as a good pet. I think those who have owned one can explain what makes them so good! Smile
Back to top Go down
giay
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: White Rats as Pets ?   White Rats as Pets ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 3:52 am

Yeah . . . yeah . . . they are nice and adorable. I had them once before. Imagine, I need to stay up all night to finish school report and they are awake too. One of them just keep on threading the balance wheel and never seems to get tired.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: White Rats as Pets ?   White Rats as Pets ? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 1:39 pm

I love rats. They're just so cute. I'd love to have a few to play with. bounce
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: White Rats as Pets ?   White Rats as Pets ? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:19 pm

We grew up with a lot of different pets: cats; dogs; rats; and snakes. Two of the rats we had were white with reddish eyes and they were my babies until they passed away. I remember them being so fun to play with when I was just a kid. I would definitely let my kids have one.
Back to top Go down
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: White Rats as Pets ?   White Rats as Pets ? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:51 am

Rats especially the white ones can be a good pets if they are maintained and fed properly. It is important to keep the rats disease free for the safety of the pet and also for us. I think there is no problem in having rats as pets.
Back to top Go down
HardworkinMom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: White Rats as Pets ?   White Rats as Pets ? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:20 am

A rat is a rat is a rat! Remember the bubonic plague?

The answer is.....NO THANKS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White Rats as Pets ?   White Rats as Pets ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Rats as Pets ?
Page 1 of 1