Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

I Want To Hear Heroic Cat Stories!

Go down 
+2
Simplyme
skatss
6 posters
AuthorMessage
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-08-19

I Want To Hear Heroic Cat Stories! Empty
PostSubject: I Want To Hear Heroic Cat Stories!   I Want To Hear Heroic Cat Stories! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 7:42 am

I just read about a dog that saved his owner and I was thinking that most cats I know wouldn't bother themselves with such things. But the truth is that my cat has never been called upon to be heroic and might very well step up to the task. I have never heard about heroic cats though.

Does anyone know of any stories where a cat saved someone? I'd LOVE to hear it.
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Hear Heroic Cat Stories!   I Want To Hear Heroic Cat Stories! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 10:59 pm

Oh I've seen several of hero cat stories.

Here are a few: Cat saves 97 Yr old Owner http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_2368607,00.html

Cat saves owners life: http://denver.yourhub.com/Littleton/Stories/Promotions/Community-Giving/Story~127673.aspx

Cat keeps dying owner awake long enough to call 911 : http://www.eternalanimals.com/cat_saves_owner.htm
Back to top Go down
Orrymain
I am a
I am a
Orrymain

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Hear Heroic Cat Stories!   I Want To Hear Heroic Cat Stories! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 4:48 pm

Oh yes, all the time. I can't give you the links. These are local stories. In the past couple of years, I recall a cat who smelled a gas leak and finally managed to get its owner's attention. They said it was about to explode -- saved lives. In two other cases I can remember, cats have awoken families at night, saving them from fires that had broken out in their homes.

Cats are heroes too!
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Hear Heroic Cat Stories!   I Want To Hear Heroic Cat Stories! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 11:47 am

Those are some really great stories with even more coming in all the time.
Back to top Go down
ken7700
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Hear Heroic Cat Stories!   I Want To Hear Heroic Cat Stories! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:18 pm

Really some great stories. It is amazing how pets can do things that you would never expect from them.
Back to top Go down
aclowers
I am a
I am a
aclowers

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Hear Heroic Cat Stories!   I Want To Hear Heroic Cat Stories! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 9:52 am

Oh I love these stories. Thank you so much for starting this thread. I have no doubt that if there was a fire, that my cat Tiger would do anything to get his family up. Plus, he is so big he can practically push us out of bed. He does that already, if he thinks the kids need help getting up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Hear Heroic Cat Stories!   I Want To Hear Heroic Cat Stories! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Want To Hear Heroic Cat Stories!
Page 1 of 1