Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Leash query.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Leash query. Empty
PostSubject: Leash query.   Leash query. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 12:32 am

My dog never likes the leash around its neck. It feel so uncomfortable. At home it is fine to leave it without leash, but what about when it moves out with me. Are there some tips, so that I can use the leash without troubling my dog?
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Leash query. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leash query.   Leash query. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:50 pm

Have you tried the harness thingie that goes around your dog's chest, shoulders and back instead of the neck collar? I see many dogs being walked with them, and they look very neat and convenient.
Back to top Go down
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Leash query. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leash query.   Leash query. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 12:04 am

This is a very good option I will try this for my dog. Hope it doesn't object to this. I think this has been formed for the dogs who don't like to wear leash and the ring.
Back to top Go down
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Leash query. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leash query.   Leash query. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:50 am

There is a harness called "Gentle Leader" which goes around the top part of a dogs head, and snout. It is an easy training tool to use with a dog, as it controls the head. We still use it on two of our largers dogs as it is a control issue.

Google Gentle Leader for more information. FYI make sure to get the right size. We actually took our boys into Petsmart and got help from their trainers to fit them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
bubble
I am a
I am a
bubble

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Leash query. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leash query.   Leash query. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:40 am

My friend had a dog like this, and was absolutely fine with a harness, she took to it straight away.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Leash query. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leash query.   Leash query. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 7:56 am

I would say put it on the dog for short intervals of time. If the dog can't get used to it- switch it up by using a harness.
Our dog has a collar on all the time- Invisible fencing collar. She doesn't mind it at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leash query. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leash query.   Leash query. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leash query.
Page 1 of 1