Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Agressive on a Leash

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mandiees
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Agressive on a Leash Empty
PostSubject: Agressive on a Leash   Agressive on a Leash Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:51 pm

What is it that causes some dogs to be more aggressive when they are on a leash? How can you break them of this habit?
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Agressive on a Leash   Agressive on a Leash Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:44 am

Aggressive towards their owners or other animals and people?

If you are talking towards other animals and people it can be several things but more often then not in my opinion at least it is a territorial thing. Whether they are trying to protect you or the location I have seen this in many dogs. Training is the best answer and creating clear alpha presence so your dog understands that its job is to listen and obey you.
Back to top Go down
mandiees
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Agressive on a Leash   Agressive on a Leash Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:04 pm

Protecting their territory makes perfect sense - I suppose they feel more of a need to protect when they are tethered to their master.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Agressive on a Leash   Agressive on a Leash Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:41 pm

Some dogs view the leash as a symbol of being officially "on duty," so they make sure they are doing their job of protecting the owner. It often makes me smile how seriously they take it. Smile
Back to top Go down
ken7700
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Agressive on a Leash   Agressive on a Leash Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:10 am

Dogs many times want to be agressive to show they are in control. As an owner I always make sure my pet knows the limits and never to cross it that way we have no problems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Agressive on a Leash   Agressive on a Leash Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Agressive on a Leash
Page 1 of 1