Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Dogs and comfort items

Go down 
+4
elvenrunelord
LissyS
mandiees
lilymom24
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lilymom24
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Dogs and comfort items Empty
PostSubject: Dogs and comfort items   Dogs and comfort items Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:24 am

Does your dog have a comfort item? Mine does. Katie has her own soft blanky that she likes to lay with when she's tired. She'll go get it from behind the chair, chew on it for a minute or so, and then snuggle up with it and go to sleep I love you
Back to top Go down
mandiees
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and comfort items   Dogs and comfort items Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:07 pm

Our dog's comfort item is one another. Our two younger males are very tightly bonded, so much so that they will cry when the other is not within eyesight. They sleep together and snuggle every night Smile
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and comfort items   Dogs and comfort items Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:52 pm

That's so cute! Smile I love it when pets do things like that, showing their unique personality. Some have a favorite toy, others a blanket. Friendship between pets can be very strong as well.
Back to top Go down
elvenrunelord
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and comfort items   Dogs and comfort items Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 10:52 pm

None of my pets have any of these things. Their favorite this seems to be me. imagine if you will when you have 3 cats, not one but three cats trying to get on top of your keyboard. lol
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and comfort items   Dogs and comfort items Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 10:35 am

My dog has her own blanket as well. She loves it- she will walk around it in circles for minutes before sitting on it. No matter where we put it she finds it - pulls it out- and sits on it.
Back to top Go down
ken7700
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and comfort items   Dogs and comfort items Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:15 am

My dog has a certain pillow that he loves and all the other animals know to stay away from that pillow of face his wrath lol!
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and comfort items   Dogs and comfort items Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:09 pm

My dog doesn't really have anything like that but now my cats do. They fight over 1 blanket that I have. I think it is because it is so fluffy.
Back to top Go down
Orrymain
I am a
I am a
Orrymain

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and comfort items   Dogs and comfort items Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 4:59 pm

My dogs have always had a toy or something that they like better than others. My current two and two of the last three ... wait, that sounds confusing. I had three dogs that essentially grew up together. It started with my beagle, Katie. She needed a puppy, so I got her a golden retriever. "Katie, this is your puppy." Well, she understood, and so did Tina, the puppy. They were inseparable. Then I was chosen by Stanley to be his adult. Stanley bonded with Katie and Tina. They were soooo close. They all died within 1 year of each other, and Tina actually had a traumatic negative reaction when Katie passed. Seriously, she went blind and deaf almost immediately. She just missed Katie so much. Anywho, they were each other's comforts.

Now I have two dogs and for the first time, they've been crate trained, and they love that crate. It's open for them, and that's where they go when they want private time or alone time. It's their special place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and comfort items   Dogs and comfort items Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dogs and comfort items
Page 1 of 1