Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Bathing - How Much?

Go down 
+3
sanju123
RastaKid
mandiees
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mandiees
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Bathing - How Much? Empty
PostSubject: Bathing - How Much?   Bathing - How Much? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 4:31 pm

How often do you bathe your dog or take them to the groomer? Our guys have short hair so I wash them at home, usually twice a month, as I have found that doing it more gives them really dry skin. What works for your dog?
Back to top Go down
RastaKid
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Bathing - How Much?   Bathing - How Much? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 7:40 pm

That depends on where you live.I live at a house and we have a backyard so the dog gets a lot of baths.
Back to top Go down
mandiees
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Bathing - How Much?   Bathing - How Much? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 7:18 pm

Our dogs are always getting into stuff too, I wonder how I can clean them without making their skin so dry! The sensitive boys...
Back to top Go down
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Bathing - How Much?   Bathing - How Much? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 7:13 pm

Very often baths do make the dogs have dry skin. If you have dog that stays indoor, then try to give it bath say after 4 to 6 weeks. Try to use milder cleansers, there is full range available.My dog remains clean as it stays indoors. Spot cleaning in between does help.
Back to top Go down
MHJ
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Bathing - How Much?   Bathing - How Much? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 3:22 pm

Someone opened up a service in California where you can take your dog there and wash it yourself for a nominal fee. It is proving to be very popular.
Back to top Go down
Topdog
Admin
Admin
Topdog

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Bathing - How Much?   Bathing - How Much? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 8:04 pm

Wow good idea, compared to taking it to a groomer and spending 50$ a pop !!
Back to top Go down
http://www.toxicwars.com
Mei
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Bathing - How Much?   Bathing - How Much? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 1:08 am

mandiees wrote:
How often do you bathe your dog or take them to the groomer? Our guys have short hair so I wash them at home, usually twice a month, as I have found that doing it more gives them really dry skin. What works for your dog?

i think it does make their skin dry. you just have to consult your vet on what shampoo to use to prevent further drying of their skin. i bathe my dogs once a week and i am the one who grooms them.
Back to top Go down
antkmom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Bathing - How Much?   Bathing - How Much? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:42 am

I take my dog to be groomed every month or so. If she gets into something, I will schedule another trip. I don't bathe her myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bathing - How Much?   Bathing - How Much? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bathing - How Much?
Page 1 of 1