Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Snails for the fishtank?

Go down 
+7
antkmom
sanju123
Florentin
DianaR
dreamr802
RastaKid
Oigen
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Oigen
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Snails for the fishtank? Empty
PostSubject: Snails for the fishtank?   Snails for the fishtank? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 2:28 pm

Are there any snails that can be acommodated in the fishtank without endangering my fish?
Back to top Go down
RastaKid
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Snails for the fishtank?   Snails for the fishtank? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 5:05 pm

yes, there are snails good for the fishtank because they actually clean the tank.
Back to top Go down
dreamr802
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Snails for the fishtank?   Snails for the fishtank? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:27 pm

I don't know the type of snails you use, but yes snails are good. They help clean the algae that does accumulate. Also brine shrimp are good for keeping tanks clean as well.
Back to top Go down
DianaR
I am a
I am a
DianaR

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Snails for the fishtank?   Snails for the fishtank? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 12:51 pm

It may be a good idea to do a little online research. Snails sometimes reproduce so much that they become a problem, for some aquariums.

This may depend on the chemical or mineral content of the water, but I am not sure why this happens.
Back to top Go down
Florentin
I am a
I am a
Florentin

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Snails for the fishtank?   Snails for the fishtank? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 2:41 am

last time I asked at Petland, the lady said the safest way was not to put snails in there with the fish, as some of them might turn vicious

???
Back to top Go down
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Snails for the fishtank?   Snails for the fishtank? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 8:19 pm

Snails are very docile and they look very cute when they move around in the tank. I don't think they can cause any kind of trouble for the fish in the tank.
Back to top Go down
antkmom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Snails for the fishtank?   Snails for the fishtank? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 9:03 am

We have had snails in our fish tank and they did no harm. If you ask at the pet store, they can give you more information on them. I think it is cool to just watch them in the tank.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Snails for the fishtank?   Snails for the fishtank? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 3:35 pm

A friend of mine has several snails in her fish tank, and they've never done any harm at all.
Back to top Go down
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Snails for the fishtank?   Snails for the fishtank? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:47 am

I think having snakes in the fish tank is a good thing. There are many good snails which doesn't affect the ecology in the fish tank. They can also be useful for eradicating the algae in the surface however the process takes some time though.
Back to top Go down
mscott
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Snails for the fishtank?   Snails for the fishtank? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:17 pm

We have a couple different snails in our tank. They usually don't live very long though and it is the fish which do the damage not the snails. We get these tiny little snails at the pet store for free. Some the fish eat, but the ones that stick around do a nice job of cleaning up some of the mess.
Back to top Go down
HardworkinMom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Snails for the fishtank?   Snails for the fishtank? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:52 pm

Snails in the fish tank? So what do they eat? Which ones are not harmful to the fish?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snails for the fishtank?   Snails for the fishtank? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snails for the fishtank?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goofy Newfies & Friends :: Pets :: Friends with Gills-
Jump to: