Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Spay and Neuter

Go down 
+2
Simplyme
mandiees
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mandiees
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Spay and Neuter Empty
PostSubject: Spay and Neuter   Spay and Neuter Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:02 pm

At what age did you have your pet spayed/neutered? All of our guys were rescues so they were fixed when we adopted them, but what is the usual age to have this done?
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Spay and Neuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spay and Neuter   Spay and Neuter Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:51 am

I think within the first few months is best before they go into heat or risk an encounter with an animal of the opposite gender. My cats I usually have done around 9 weeks old and my dogs since they are house dogs and both female I had done at around 6 months old.
Back to top Go down
lizd
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Spay and Neuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spay and Neuter   Spay and Neuter Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 12:30 pm

I always thought it was around eight months, but my vet recommended my cat get spayed when she was about six months old. She had no issues and healed very quickly, so I guess we did the right thing.
Back to top Go down
RustyK
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Spay and Neuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spay and Neuter   Spay and Neuter Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:03 pm

Our cats are all shelter cats, so they all came to us already neutered. I have heard that the best time is 6-8 months old, but it can be done at a later age, too. My mom's cat was 10 when he'd gotten neutered.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Spay and Neuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spay and Neuter   Spay and Neuter Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 10:38 am

Wow-- 9 weeks old for the cats. Our vet told us no! Not until they were almost 5 months old. I'm going to look online and see if it's ok to do it sooner. I don't want the kittens to go into heat before they are neutered or spayed.
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Spay and Neuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spay and Neuter   Spay and Neuter Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:35 am

Where I live it depends on their weight and not their age. I just had my last cat fixed yesterday and she is not a happy camper. The other 2 did fine, but she is very moody right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spay and Neuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spay and Neuter   Spay and Neuter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spay and Neuter
Page 1 of 1