Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Leaving the dog alone

Go down 
+4
senecaz
HardworkinMom
DianaR
manojjonam10
8 posters
AuthorMessage
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Leaving the dog alone Empty
PostSubject: Leaving the dog alone   Leaving the dog alone Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:39 am

What would be the best method to leave the dog alone in the house for a long time. We are thinking of leaving our dog alone for atleast 7 hours and my dog would become impatient and would continue to bark after sometime.

What would be the nice idea to keep dog alone in house without making much trouble.
Back to top Go down
DianaR
I am a
I am a
DianaR

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the dog alone   Leaving the dog alone Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:55 pm

Most dog owners that I know either leave the dog in the yard with the doghouse for shelter, or they crate train them.

If you have the money, sending the dog to a doggy daycare can be great for both owner and dog.
Back to top Go down
HardworkinMom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the dog alone   Leaving the dog alone Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:00 pm

How much do doggy daycare costs per dog?

I just have a neighbor come in and feed them if we have to be out the whole day.
Back to top Go down
senecaz
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the dog alone   Leaving the dog alone Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:44 pm

don't baby them too much. 7 hours is just a piece of cake for them. Sure you can let the neighbor feed it whilst you're out. Best thing is to train them to be outside in their dog house.
Back to top Go down
HardworkinMom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 93

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the dog alone   Leaving the dog alone Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:15 pm

Exactly my thought. I would probably pay a daycare/boarding place if I had to be gone for more than 24 hours. Otherwise.... these are animals..not children. Smile
Back to top Go down
jamesb
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the dog alone   Leaving the dog alone Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:59 am

We have big problems leaving our dog alone as she will cry non stop until we return. It drives our neighbors insane.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the dog alone   Leaving the dog alone Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:44 pm

My dogs are just fine with being left alone. I have a neighbor check on them once a day and give them food and water if they need it and that's about it.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the dog alone   Leaving the dog alone Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:23 pm

Every dog is different, ours was fine with being in the yard all by himself, but there are those who will cry and bark and drive neighbors insane, as you say. If that's the case, I would seek advice from a dog trainer.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the dog alone   Leaving the dog alone Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:49 am

It's ok to leave your dogs home alone - 7 hours isn't terrible but every day?

Yes they are animals-- but they still need love and play time Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the dog alone   Leaving the dog alone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leaving the dog alone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goofy Newfies & Friends :: Pets :: 4 Legged Pets-
Jump to: