Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Raising children

Go down 
+3
mscott
Simplyme
Dee
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dee
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Raising children Empty
PostSubject: Raising children   Raising children Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:34 pm

Are you the type of parent that is calm and positive and try to explain things in a calm manner to your children or are you impatient and loose the head easily and tend to shout ? I'll answer when I see the other replies LOL
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Raising children Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raising children   Raising children Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:02 am

Honestly for me it depends on the situation and how many times I've had to repeat myself. So, I guess you could say I am a little of both. What a Face
Back to top Go down
mscott
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Raising children Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raising children   Raising children Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:16 pm

I am generally pretty clam with kids. I work with kids so that has helped me develop some tolerance with my own. Plus I waited until I was a bit older and more mature before I had kids of my own. Earlier in life I wouldn't have been able to be so clam and understanding.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Raising children Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raising children   Raising children Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:17 pm

I'm actually friends with my daughter. We act more like sisters (and a lot of people think we are), but I know if I flat-out told her to do something, she'd do it.
Back to top Go down
jamesb
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Raising children Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raising children   Raising children Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:56 pm

My wife had a child when we met and his natural father passed away. He has only known me as his father and I try to be a patient and supportive father.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Raising children Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raising children   Raising children Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:37 am

I try my hardest to be the type that is calm- At times it doesn't always work out that way.
My daughter is 12 going on 25. Moody already and sassy at times. It's the age I'm told!

I don't want to be disrespected- I won't stand for that!

I do explain why I am doing something- and I also explain that the wrong action gets consequences- so be ready for them if you choose to do wrong.
Back to top Go down
jhellie_baby
I am a
I am a
jhellie_baby

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Raising children Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raising children   Raising children Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:49 am

my parents are not that totally strict, maybe if they really pissed off just hide wherever you want to hide. Laughing that's why im always cautious to all my actions for me not to get the greatest fear a child would experience. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Raising children Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raising children   Raising children Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raising children
Page 1 of 1