Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Bad behavior and location

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Bad behavior and location Empty
PostSubject: Bad behavior and location   Bad behavior and location Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:56 pm

We have adopted a stray who was pretty ferral when we first got her. At the time we were living in an apartment when she started sneaking into the patio to eat the food I left out for the strays. That was almost 6 months ago and up until the beginning of this month even though she is almost always indoors now she was still really mean to our kittens.

All of a sudden at the beginning of this month when we moved from AZ to WA and moved into a house in a really small little country town she began playing with the kittens and even allows us to pick her up.

For me it is just amazing what taking her out of a location where she spent many years (from what I am told) has done for her.

Anyone else heard of location affecting an animals behavior?
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Bad behavior and location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad behavior and location   Bad behavior and location Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:40 am

No, that is really nice to hear though. Maybe she just didnt' feel comfortable there. Always scared and such. It is really nice that you took her with you when you moved.
I bet she sensed that and felt more comfortable with the kittens.
Back to top Go down

Bad behavior and location
Page 1 of 1