Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Stopping shedding

Go down 
+3
DianaR
KrisNY
manojjonam10
7 posters
AuthorMessage
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Stopping shedding Empty
PostSubject: Stopping shedding   Stopping shedding Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:39 pm

My dog used to shed more than the normal one. We use daily brushing to stop it, but it couldn't have much effect.

What are the techniques do you follow to stop your dog from shedding.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Stopping shedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stopping shedding   Stopping shedding Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:58 am

I swear I already answered a question like this one.??

My dog Liza (Corgi) used to shed terrible (She is gone now Sad ) We would brush her every day. In the summer we would get a lot of extra hair off her. She loved to be brushed.

I don't know of any other ways to stop the shedding. Brushing really isn't stopping it- but helping get the dead hair off.
Back to top Go down
DianaR
I am a
I am a
DianaR

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Stopping shedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stopping shedding   Stopping shedding Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 4:01 pm

The only way to control shedding is through lots of brushing and grooming, as far as I know. The only permanent remedy is a hairless or short haired dog!
Back to top Go down
melodious
I am a
I am a
melodious

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Stopping shedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stopping shedding   Stopping shedding Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:28 pm

I've used lots of different anti-shedding tools (shedding blades, furminator, shed ender, etc), bu my favorite thing so far is a rubber thing made by Kong called a Zoom Groom. It costs a lot less than the other things I've tried, and it's simpler, too -- just a rubber pre-brush grooming tool that pulls out all of the dead hair. My groomer uses this & now it's a daily thing at my house (& not just for the dog - the long-haired brush-phobic cat loves his "blue brush" massage). Even though I use it all the time, I'm still amazed at the piles of fur that the little gizmo seems to pull out of nowhere -- and relieved that I've been saved from having those particular piles of fur come out at less convenient times or places! As everyone else has said, it's not about stopping the shedding, it's about managing it! Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.artistic-lemonade.com
andasay
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Stopping shedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stopping shedding   Stopping shedding Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:26 am

That product sounds good.

During the summer I have to groom our Leila twice a day to remove the dead hair. I know it is a tough process, nut I am convinced it helps.
Back to top Go down
Orrymain
I am a
I am a
Orrymain

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Stopping shedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stopping shedding   Stopping shedding Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:25 pm

I'm definitely going to check on the zoom groom, and yes, there are two topics on this, both by the same author, I do believe.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Stopping shedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stopping shedding   Stopping shedding Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 2:30 am

You can try giving your dog coat-enhancing vitamins / supplements - they are supposed to make the fur stronger and healthier. Maybe your dog lacks some vitamins, and taking them will help to reduce shedding.

Regular brushing is still a must though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stopping shedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stopping shedding   Stopping shedding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stopping shedding
Page 1 of 1