Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Kittens fixed yesterday!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Kittens fixed yesterday! Empty
PostSubject: Kittens fixed yesterday!   Kittens fixed yesterday! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:43 am

We got our kittens fixed yesterday. $65 each (male cats). They came home last night and we so tired. They kept waking up and then licking themselves- I think they were thinking- oh no where did they go? Crying or Very sad
This morning they were up and running around again- jumping on each other, wanting to be petted, etc.
Back to top Go down
DianaR
I am a
I am a
DianaR

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Kittens fixed yesterday!   Kittens fixed yesterday! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:03 pm

Kittens recover from being fixed pretty quickly. Older cats recover, but then might give you the cold shoulder for weeks!
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Kittens fixed yesterday!   Kittens fixed yesterday! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:50 pm

Once we had to neuter a 10 year old cat. He recovered quite fast, he was only a little weak and disoriented on the first day after the surgery, but on the next day he was fine. Never licked himself or shown any sign of discomfort.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Kittens fixed yesterday!   Kittens fixed yesterday! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

I've had to have an older cat fixed before. He recovered quickly, but he didn't like me much after that! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Kittens fixed yesterday!   Kittens fixed yesterday! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:23 pm

I let my sig other take the kittens- so they would not be mad at me. They cuddled with me. They are fine now--- they lick every once in a while- but I'm sure it's normal.

I'm just glad they are fixed- I think it's important to do this with your pets. Control the pet population (unwanted pets)
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Kittens fixed yesterday!   Kittens fixed yesterday! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 2:59 pm

It's not just about being responsible and not having kittens / puppies you cannot take care of, it is also about protecting your pet. When "that time" starts, they will want to go outside to find a mate, and many, many house pets get injured or killed.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Kittens fixed yesterday!   Kittens fixed yesterday! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:19 am

You know I never thought of it that way- but it's true. Man when the stray cat was here-- we had other male tom cats around too- It was odd.

We have always had our pets fixed. Just for the sake of not wanting kittens or pups. But it's for their safety too- thanks for the reminder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kittens fixed yesterday!   Kittens fixed yesterday! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kittens fixed yesterday!
Page 1 of 1