Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Donating to local shelters

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lilymom24
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Donating to local shelters Empty
PostSubject: Donating to local shelters   Donating to local shelters Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:32 am

My kids school donates to the local animal shelter once a year. A list of what is needed is sent home with each child and we gather up what we can and send it in. On a certain day, they take a field trip to the shelter to give the donations. I think its a great way to get the kids involved and they enjoy it. flower
Back to top Go down
Orrymain
I am a
I am a
Orrymain

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Donating to local shelters   Donating to local shelters Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:49 pm

I support anything that helps kids from an early age to realize how important animals are to our world. Admittedly, I'm a little mixed on donating myself. The shelters make it so difficult now for me personally to adopt a dog that I'm ambivalent towards them myself. I see so many dogs and cats in need of loving homes, though. For children though I'm sure it's a great thing to do.
Back to top Go down
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Donating to local shelters   Donating to local shelters Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:51 am

This is wonderful. It gives a chance for kids to see that pets are living things and have to be taken care of and loved. I bet they feel wonderful after donating things and then visiting the shelter.

Every school should do something like this.
Back to top Go down
wildwoman
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Donating to local shelters   Donating to local shelters Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:32 pm

When we were doing better off financially,I would go to my local shelter and bring them a bag or two of cat food and dog food,along with kitty litter as well. Sometimes i would even put some money into an envelope to help out that way. I think it is good especially during these rough economic times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Donating to local shelters   Donating to local shelters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Donating to local shelters
Page 1 of 1