Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Giving up your pet

Go down 
+3
wildwoman
LissyS
antkmom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
antkmom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Giving up your pet Empty
PostSubject: Giving up your pet   Giving up your pet Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:49 am

My sister just got a puppy~ he is 2 yrs old. She got him from someone she knows who told her that she was tired of the dog and wanted to get a new puppy.
I don't understand people like this? How in the world can you give away your pet of 2 yrs to replace him with another pet?
Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Giving up your pet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giving up your pet   Giving up your pet Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:55 am

I don't understand it either. People treat pets as toys. I can't imagine giving up my pets even if I had all kinds of serious reasons for it.
Back to top Go down
antkmom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Giving up your pet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giving up your pet   Giving up your pet Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:00 am

When my sister told me this, I said, "Did you ask the lady if she would give up her 2 yr old child too?" I just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
wildwoman
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Giving up your pet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giving up your pet   Giving up your pet Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:52 am

Some people just don't feel for pets as anything more than A PET. Sadly my husband is this way. We recently fought over some boo boos my oldest dog has been making in the house. I cried even thinking of giving the dog away. These aren't just my pets they are part of my family,they have feelings too. My husband does he best to understand but when he was a child his dogie was killed and ever since then he doesn't let himself get to attached to an animal because of it.
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Giving up your pet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giving up your pet   Giving up your pet Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:54 pm

I love my 3 cats and dog. I could not imagine how anyone can give up their animal just because they are older and maybe not as fun.
Back to top Go down
bubble
I am a
I am a
bubble

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Giving up your pet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giving up your pet   Giving up your pet Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 1:49 pm

We have only ever given away pups, and I found that difficult enough, but I did make sure that they went to good and caring homes.
Back to top Go down
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Giving up your pet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giving up your pet   Giving up your pet Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:59 am

Not everyone feels that that pet is their child. While most people do love thier pets they don't see anything wrong with giving one up. They could have any good reason to give the pet away and we shouldn't judge someone for doing it. Maybe they just felt like the pet was too big to take proper care of it.

As long as a person doesn't leave the pet on the streets and finds a good home for it I don't think it's much of a problem.
Back to top Go down
Dee
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Giving up your pet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giving up your pet   Giving up your pet Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:24 am

There are many people like this, they get pets thinking all sorts in their head, thinking it will be no problem looking after them but then they realise that the pet needs care, love and attention and it starts to take up some of their time so they get bored and fed up and move the pet on, getting pets should take a lot of consideration.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Giving up your pet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giving up your pet   Giving up your pet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Giving up your pet
Page 1 of 1