Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Which foods are toxic to dogs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Which foods are toxic to dogs Empty
PostSubject: Which foods are toxic to dogs   Which foods are toxic to dogs Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:58 am

I am thinking of making homemade treats for my dog. Are there any ingredients that should not be used such as garlic or onion, etc. Any suggestion on the food ingredients for dog.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Which foods are toxic to dogs   Which foods are toxic to dogs Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:08 pm

I know that sweets and especially chocolate are harmful for dogs. As to regular spices, I wouldn't use salt and pepper.
Back to top Go down
Mojo
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Which foods are toxic to dogs   Which foods are toxic to dogs Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:55 am

I am not an expert so use your own judgement but I have boiled down to..

A little garlic, good for flea repelling. Too much bad for dog.
Onions accumulate in system so if dogs does have some by accident make sure they have none for quite a few days afterwards. Lock up the onions!

Chocolate seems to affect some dogs only but giving the dog some to find out is Russian roulette.

Cheese makes for the runs. What a Face

Raisins, a few maybe ok but humans are far bigger than dogs and what we think is a small serve is like a platter to animals less than half our weight.

However you make sure your dog eats all good food then they run outside and eat whatever toxic plant they can find, some toxic plastic seems to go down well plus they love grass even though it always induces vomiting! They seem to enjoy a nibble of your mail that fell on the foor plus a good chew on a stick for some wood high in fibre and little else !

So do not be too fussy, they are basically cute little garbage compactors on 4 legs. Everything in moderation but leave out the onions and chocolate.

Best treat for a dog..raw bones, no cooking Very Happy

Or some cookie with a little parmesan, liver and corn flour. Youhurt and honey treats. yum. Just take a basic dough and add a few flavours. They are not that fussy .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which foods are toxic to dogs   Which foods are toxic to dogs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which foods are toxic to dogs
Page 1 of 1