Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Accidents happen

Go down 
+3
hoygirl
manojjonam10
antkmom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
antkmom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Accidents happen Empty
PostSubject: Accidents happen   Accidents happen Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:37 am

When we moved into our new house, my dog ran under the deck and got poked in the eye by a stick. She pulled back away from the stick and it pulled her eye loose. It was horrible! Anyways, she had to have the eye removed and now is getting along wonderfully without it.

Has your animal gone threw any freak accident like this? How did you handle it?
Back to top Go down
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Accidents happen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accidents happen   Accidents happen Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 9:38 am

I feel sorry for your pet. That must be painful for the dog. Fortunately I haven't had such kind of accidents and I feel lucky.
Back to top Go down
hoygirl
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Accidents happen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accidents happen   Accidents happen Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:39 pm

Oh your poor dog. How awful. It is amazing though how aimals just like humans can adapt to losing a limb or eye etc. My dog jumped out my truck window and had to have surgery on his back leg. Pins and rods. He stretches it a lot but he seems to be ok. I`m glad your dog is doing good.
Back to top Go down
antkmom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Accidents happen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accidents happen   Accidents happen Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:03 am

Hoy it is good to hear that your dog made it threw all that too. Yes, animals certainly can bounce back. At first Chyna had a hard time going around corners and would walk into the wall. Now she runs around like she use to.
Back to top Go down
wildwoman
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Accidents happen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accidents happen   Accidents happen Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:57 am

I once had a shiatsu,with bulgie eyes. Well one day my Jack Russell and her were playing and her eye popped out! Not all the way but enough to cause pain and such. My parents took her to the vet and he said it was common in that specific breed of dog. They pushed it back in and placed some stitches for a bout a week. Poor baby lost her sight in that eye. Then about a year later someone accidentally kicked her in the head while walking and the other one popped out,my parents decided to have to put down. It was hard but we couldn't watch her suffer.
Back to top Go down
Brandbla8
I am a
I am a
Brandbla8

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Accidents happen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accidents happen   Accidents happen Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 5:12 pm

Poor little guy. Things do happen so often with animals that are just accidents. They are a lot like children that we can not keep them safe 24/7. We can only do so much and be causious is fine.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Accidents happen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accidents happen   Accidents happen Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:52 am

OUCH! Shocked that really stinks! I bet the kids were very scared if they saw that!

I've never had anything near that happen to any pet. Once my cat knocked my dad (tripped him) down the stairs and he fell and cut his hand open. The cat was ok though!
Back to top Go down
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Accidents happen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accidents happen   Accidents happen Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:24 pm

Nothing like that has ever happened to my dog and I'm very grateful for that.

I'm glad to hear that your dog is doing well. Isn't it something how dogs can overcome some bad things if they have lots of love? I bet your dog is as happy as ever knowing you're around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Accidents happen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accidents happen   Accidents happen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accidents happen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goofy Newfies & Friends :: Pets :: 4 Legged Pets-
Jump to: