Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Walking in the Snow

Go down 
+5
ken7700
KrisNY
manojjonam10
SpoiledAngel_
antkmom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
antkmom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Walking in the Snow Empty
PostSubject: Walking in the Snow   Walking in the Snow Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 6:55 pm

Do you continue to walk your dog in the snow or cold weather? I usually stop taking Chyna on walks once the snow falls. We are fine in cold weather, but the snow makes it harder to walk on our road. She seems to chub up in the winter, but slims right back down in the spring.
Back to top Go down
SpoiledAngel_
I am a
I am a
SpoiledAngel_

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Walking in the Snow   Walking in the Snow Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 7:57 pm

My Shepherd has joint issues and refuses to walk in both snow and rain. We can on occasion get her to run around the garage but other then that she only goes outside to quickly use the bathroom :-)
Back to top Go down
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Walking in the Snow   Walking in the Snow Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:06 am

Pets usually don't like to walk in snows as it may be slippery and hard to work. However my shepherd really likes playing in the snow and doesn't finds it hard in snow.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Walking in the Snow   Walking in the Snow Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:25 pm

My dog Carmen loves to play in the snow- We will hop on the 4-wheeler and pull around a sled with my daughter on it. Carmen chases us through the snow- Most of the time she tries to stay in the path (when it's real deep). Snow doesn't stop her.!
Back to top Go down
ken7700
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Walking in the Snow   Walking in the Snow Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 1:06 pm

My German Shepherds love the snow from walking in it to playing in it. In fact as long as it is not to cold they rather be outside playing in it. It is just crazy sometimes.
Back to top Go down
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: Walking in the Snow   Walking in the Snow Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:38 pm

I'm not a fan of walking in the snow or ice. I'm not all that stable on my feet and I don't want the dog to pull me off balance. I don't walk the dog too far in cold, snowy weather, maybe just half a block.
Back to top Go down
sanju123
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Walking in the Snow   Walking in the Snow Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 8:08 pm

I think it is quite difficult for a dog to move on snow when it turns harder.Initially it might be a pleasure as a dog can waddle through with little effort but when it gets slippery then it is not good neither for us not for the dog.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: Walking in the Snow   Walking in the Snow Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:23 am

See now I disagree--- My dog, Carmen would spend hours out there chasing us around and sledding with us. She does tend to go to the paths when she gets tired- but she loves the snow.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Walking in the Snow   Walking in the Snow Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 1:26 pm

My German Shepherds love the snow. They'd play outside all day if I'd let them.
Back to top Go down
HardworkinMom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Walking in the Snow   Walking in the Snow Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:32 am

An old family friend of ours had a huge treadmill. Snowing outside? No problem --- get on the treadmill!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking in the Snow   Walking in the Snow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walking in the Snow
Page 1 of 1