Goofy Newfies & Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goofy Newfies & Friends

A Brand New Family Oriented discussion forum for Pet Lovers

HomeAd HeavenGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ADS
Search Engines

A global Family oriented forum, for the discussion of family pets.

Ads

SeaBear Smokehouse

Wolfgang's Vault

Netflix, Inc.

Real Goods Solar, Inc.

LiveAquaria.com
Donations

Adopt a Pet

Sierra Club

Love bites :)

Go down 
+7
Tigger
skatss
KrisNY
manojjonam10
jamesb
Cossette
LissyS
11 posters
AuthorMessage
LissyS
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Love bites :) Empty
PostSubject: Love bites :)   Love bites :) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 12:12 am

Does your cat give love bites? We had one that did. People who are not very familiar with cats often misunderstand that: why do you suddenly bite me in the middle of purring?! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cossette
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Love bites :)   Love bites :) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 8:36 pm

Yeah, mine does too. From what I've known, biting is part of cat's courtship. But a cat that always bites could be annoying sometimes. A friend of mine has a cat who is sweet at first and turns into a vampire in an instant. This happens when her cat becomes tired o playing with her.
Back to top Go down
jamesb
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Love bites :)   Love bites :) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 8:48 am

I know that many puppies give love bites. You should be careful though that they don't start to really bite once they get older.
Back to top Go down
manojjonam10
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Love bites :)   Love bites :) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:50 am

I guess most of the cats and puppies give this love bite. Cat normally shows their love through bites and through moving around us.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Love bites :)   Love bites :) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:04 am

Cossette wrote:
A friend of mine has a cat who is sweet at first and turns into a vampire in an instant. This happens when her cat becomes tired o playing with her.

That sounds like a warning bite, not a love bite. Love bites are usually very gentle, you know that the cat does not mean to hurt you.
Back to top Go down
KrisNY
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Love bites :)   Love bites :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:53 am

Yes- our cats do this too. Sometimes it hurts! You aren't expecting it.

How about this- In a dead sleep and the cats want to be petted. They dig you- just little digs to wake you up! Usually my behind too! it's always sticking out of the blankets!
Back to top Go down
skatss
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Love bites :)   Love bites :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:18 pm

My friend's cat gives her love bites all the time. When she first told me about the bites I didn't want anything to do with the cat so I always ignore it when I go to her house. But, the cat seems to like me. He always ends up crawling on my lap or sitting by my legs. I don't pet it or pay attention to it but he's always around me. He never bit me and that's good. I always warn him that if he does bite me I won't let him near me again. So far, after many years, the cat has never bit me. Maybe he understands. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Love bites :)   Love bites :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:49 pm

I think that cats that give love bites are cute. It's always fun to watch people who aren't familiar with cats jump the first couple times. Smile
Back to top Go down
Simplyme
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Love bites :)   Love bites :) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:31 pm

We have a few of those at the animal rescue that I use to work for. It was, in the beginning, a bit of a surprise, but once you realized why they were doing it it actually became quite amusing.
Back to top Go down
jimmys devoted
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Love bites :)   Love bites :) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:13 pm

our cat Issac used to do that. Our hands woudl be all covered. We have a " bby" ( Non cat" that does that too.. not as deep.
Back to top Go down
bubble
I am a
I am a
bubble

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Love bites :)   Love bites :) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 8:03 am

I had no idea cats did that. Well mine never have.

I have read somewhere that cats give you love looks. If your cat sits near you for long enough just keep looking at it, at she will blink long and hard at you. I don't know if it's true because my cat generally does this when she is falling asleep.
Back to top Go down
jamesb
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: Love bites :)   Love bites :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:02 pm

I also did not know that cats give love bites. I thought that only dogs did that.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Love bites :)   Love bites :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:16 pm

See, I didn't know that dogs gave love bites. I thought it was just cats.
Back to top Go down
HardworkinMom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 93

PostSubject: Re: Love bites :)   Love bites :) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:41 am

I would not like getting bitten...whether it be love bites or not...especially not from cats.
Back to top Go down
LissyS
I am a
I am a

PostSubject: Re: Love bites :)   Love bites :) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:59 am

HardworkinMom wrote:
I would not like getting bitten...whether it be love bites or not...especially not from cats.

Well, it's not even a "bite" in most cases - the cat just takes your finger into its mouth, very carefully. At least that's what mine does. Smile
Back to top Go down
HardworkinMom
I am a
I am a

Number of posts : 93

PostSubject: Re: Love bites :)   Love bites :) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:53 am

LissyS wrote:
HardworkinMom wrote:

Well, it's not even a "bite" in most cases - the cat just takes your finger into its mouth, very carefully. At least that's what mine does. Smile

Hmmmm...that still sounds like something very unhygenic to me. Well...to each his/her own. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Love bites :)   Love bites :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Love bites :)
Page 1 of 1